Finds Calendar

It looks like you got it filled in.

I've been doing the same, and I found the date is not always showing up correctly when I log a cache. I've had to go back and correct the date on the log a couple of times in order for it to come up. I keep getting yesterday's date.

Thanks, yes sorted it now. It seems a bit erratic at the moment, but that just might be me. I have just looked again too and seen that it is now correct.

Thanks for your help, both of you.

...I have just decided to try and fill in the remaining blank spaces for this year...

The easiest way to fill that grid is just go and change the date on a few 'Found It' logs.

You've already got five events logged as attended on the wrong dates :rolleyes:

:lol:

Mark

Edited by Delta68

...I have just decided to try and fill in the remaining blank spaces for this year...

The easiest way to fill that grid is just go and change the date on a few 'Found It' logs.

Mark

Never a truer word spoken in jest! I've seen it done ... sometimes, this game brings out the worst in people, I mean, what's the point of fixing your own stats?

That said, I am more than aware the geocaching app doesn't let you change the date, so as far as I can see if you're simply too tired to log using it on the day, tomorrow you'll need a browser to log them correctly!

Mark

I'm certainly not one for fixing my stats! I just asked a simple question and got the answer that I wanted. Until recently I haven't bothered with the calendar but just thought that for the rest of this year I would.

Never a truer word spoken in jest! I've seen it done ... sometimes, this game brings out the worst in people, I mean, what's the point of fixing your own stats?

That said, I am more than aware the geocaching app doesn't let you change the date, so as far as I can see if you're simply too tired to log using it on the day, tomorrow you'll need a browser to log them correctly!

I'm certainly not one for fixing my stats! I just asked a simple question and got the answer that I wanted. Until recently I haven't bothered with the calendar but just thought that for the rest of this year I would.

As Delta68, mentioned, maybe take a look here: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?tx=69eb8534-b718-4b35-ae3c-a856a55b0874&ul=Jacaru&sc=n

Compare your found dates to the dates of the actual events :rolleyes:

.... I found the date is not always showing up correctly when I log a cache. I've had to go back and correct the date on the log a couple of times in order for it to come up. I keep getting yesterday's date.

I think that I'm right in saying that Groundspeak uses "Seattle time"! I had to recently change a date because I went out early in the morning to "tick a box" before catching a flight - I know it's a bit sad! :blink: - and when I checked it was recorded as the day before!!

.... I found the date is not always showing up correctly when I log a cache. I've had to go back and correct the date on the log a couple of times in order for it to come up. I keep getting yesterday's date.

I think that I'm right in saying that Groundspeak uses "Seattle time"! I had to recently change a date because I went out early in the morning to "tick a box" before catching a flight - I know it's a bit sad! :blink: - and when I checked it was recorded as the day before!!

By default the site does use "Seattle Time" so the best thing to do is go here and change it to the relevant time zone for you:

http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManagePreferences.aspx

I think Sol seaker is in Washington State so should not have this issue :blink:

Can I clarify something. Are we saying that when you write the initial log:

1) the default date the log form presents you with is not always correct, or

2) even if you change it to the correct date before you submit the log, it is still recorded incorrectly?

1) I would expect to happen, 2) has never happened to me in 4000+ logs :lol: .

Rgds, Andy

Edited by Amberel

2) even if you change it to the correct date before you submit the log, it is still recorded incorrectly?

Rgds, Andy

Just when logging with the iPhone I think.

We don't normally log finds with the iPhone but I remember a few years ago we were FTF at about 07:00 on a cache near Chorley so we logged the find (as it would be a few days later if we waited until getting home) and the log showed up as being the day before the cache was published!

I thought that problem has been resolved with later updates though..

Mark

It looks like you got it filled in.

I've been doing the same, and I found the date is not always showing up correctly when I log a cache. I've had to go back and correct the date on the log a couple of times in order for it to come up. I keep getting yesterday's date.

Yep, that's one of many bugs introduced after a recent "improvement" to the site. It also joins the ranks of bugs reported after being introduced but apparently not a priority to be fixed.

Oh well...

Rgds, Andy

As far as I can tell (1) is true - it seems to contain either the date of the last log you wrote or (if more recent) the date you opened the geocaching.com site. It looks like something has gone awry in the cookies or something. Certainly if you use the browser like I do, where I open a bunch of pages on tabs and put my computer into hibernate mode rather than turning it off when I'm not using it, when it wakes up again it won't update the date automatically.

I've never seen it record anything other than the date in the field against my log though.