The Great Canadian Mega to Mega Geo-Rally

IsqubaAndNawty

Our mission is to travel from COG Spring Fling 8 (GC1MGEQ) to Island Spirit 2012 (WestCan2) (GC349MK) and rally at check points along the way.

Rally participants can join in at any point for several stops or just one.

Rally time will be 6:30pm

Schedule:

Thu Jun 21 - North Bay, ON

Fri Jun 22 - Timmins, ON

Sat Jun 23 - Sudbury, ON

Sun Jun 24 - Sault Ste Marie, ON

Tue Jun 26 - Thunder Bay, ON

Thu Jun 28 - Winnipeg

Sat Jun 30 - Saskatoon

Sun Jul 01 - Calgary

Tue Jul 03 - Kelowna

Wed Jul 04 – Vancouver

The exact rally points are to be determined. Ideally, local geocachers will arrange Meet & Greet type of events for the rally stops and perhaps offer challenges for the participants and present prizes.

Who wants to join in on the fun? Anyone interested in hosting an event as the geo-rally moves through your locale?

We have identified all the public routes to do pocket queries for caches along the route. Contact us through our geocaching profile ( IsqubaAndNawty ) if you want the links.

Edited by IsqubaAndNawty

Will be interesting to see how the route(s) from Calgary to Kelowna develop... 3 fairly straight forward, and 1 very dicey time wise.

Lots of good caches along all of them, and good scenery. Either going or coming, one should travel hwy 3 along the south edge.

The Crowsnest Pass, Elk Valley, the Cranbrook/Kimberley area, Creston and the rest of it... lots of caches. The Kootenays tend to be always 2nd choice to the Northern route on Hwy 1. But it is an area worth the trip. Probably more open as well given the weekend.

Doug 7rxc

We just found out that the friend we were planning to stay with in Saskatoon is not available but our friend in Swift Current wants to see us. We will be bypassing Saskatoon. A noon or afternoon event in Regina on June 30th would be wonderful. Any in Regina willing to host an event?

Edited by IsqubaAndNawty

I hope you guys have a great time! Last year I dragged RCA777 with me on a tour of the East Coast of the USA... I wouldn't trade that memory for a million dollars. This year I'm toying with finishing what we missed in New England or going to the Maritimes... but I think my wife will kill me if I go to the Maritimes without her :o

We just created a public bookmark called Cdn M2M 2012 that contains both Canadian Megas. You will see a link that shows our planned routes. If you are joining us for the Great Canadian Mega to Mega 2012 Geo-Rally you can create pocket queries along these routes so that you can plan your stops between rally points.

Would you please provide a direct link to your public bookmark list because I can't find it! :laughing: .

I'd like to add it to the Island Spirit 2012 FB page and perhaps include it in an upcoming blog post.

We have not been successful in arranging for the local cachers along our spots to host events for the rally and we are very busy now with COG Spring Fling 8 planning.

We have picked restaurants along the route where we plan to dine. For an updated list of our stops and dining choices see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap-PqMkbHIpudFdyTVc3c2JHMFdCQ0xvdmd1SkJWa1E#gid=0