Local Club Forums?

skydiver

I did a search and it doesn't look like anyone has asked this question, at least not recently.

Is there a way to get special forums just for local geocaching clubs added to the Groundspeak forums? Several of us in this area are gradually organizing into an informal geocaching club, and would like our own forum to draw in other local cachers, as well as keep each other informed about local happenings without cluttering up the Northwest forum.

If I do a search on Yahoo Groups for geocaching, I get back 65 clubs that have forums set up there, and we could do the same but several of us have an aversion to letting Yahoo (or any other website besides geocaching.com) make advertising $'s off of our hobby.

We've also considered hosting our own forums on a server, but if the person responsible for the forums drops out of the sport, or just wants to be less responsible for the forums, that presents an issue with transfering control of the forums to another person.

So, that's when one of our group suggested that maybe Jeremy already has a method to create special forums for local geocaching clubs that can have their own moderators and such. I figured that it can't hurt to ask, so that's what I'm doin'.

---------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.

Nice idea MissJenn, I hadn't even thought of that. However, I think looking for something just a little fancier. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.