Full logs

ME2002

If a log is full and one provides a replacement log, what does one do with the 'completed' log?

What jholly said...leave it. Put in a small piece of paper, that way it should fit in the cache and tide the cache over until the CO can get there to replace the log. Post in your online log that the cache log is full and you left a bit of paper to tide the cache over.

If you read the logs and there a numerous comments about a full log going back months, then post an NM. If there are numerous NMs, personally I'd post a NA. That usually gets the attention of the CO (plus the reviewer).

I recently posted an NA. The logbook is soaked and frozen and moldy. Numerous notes and NMs. I have a watch on the cache. If the cache ends up getting archived I'll retrieve the cache, post a note and keep it for a a couple of months in the garage just in case the CO wants the container and contents back.

Edited by Solitario R

Thanks everyone for your replies. I love looking at the logs and all the different ways of signing. If I was a CO I'd want the log. I also appreciate that you addressed the situation where there may not be room to 'leave' the full log AND add a new log. The last three caches I've found were SO TINY that I couldn't have added a grain of rice let alone an additional piece of paper. I now know exactly how to handle these (the 'right' way) now. Thanks again. I'm LOVING caching!! What a nice community of people!

I always take the old log and email the CO, offering to send it to them etc... Each has told me to bin the old log

Some people may feel leery about giving out their home addresses to strangers.

And a person would be quite ignorant of the internet if they did. :ph34r: Just leave my logs in place and poat a NM stating why and I will address the concern with my listings. :anibad: