Can't delete log

bnolan

When I logged a find last night (GCA161), the server gave me an error and didn't show my log on the page. So I tried to log it again. This time I got no error, but both logs show on the page.

Now I can't get either one of them to delete.

Help, I don't want to be a double logger !

I may be lost, but at least I am making good time.

quote:
Originally posted by bnolan:

When I logged a find last night (GCA161), the server gave me an error and didn't show my log on the page. So I tried to log it again. This time I got no error, but both logs show on the page.

Now I can't get either one of them to delete.

Help, I don't want to be a double logger !

You should be able to delete it, provided you are logged on under the profile used to create the log. If for some reason you still can't try editing one of the logs, and change the Found to a Note. That should correct your found-count.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Tried to change the second log to a note, but no luck. I am logged in, and it gives me the choice to delete. But when I click on delete, nothing happens.

I think there must be something glitched on the server.

I may be lost, but at least I am making good time.

bnolan, I went in as an admin and deleted your second log last night. It took me three tries, 'cause when I went back to the page it keep showing up as still there. Strange.......

It was almost as if the "delete" took but my PC was showing a cached earlier version of the page instead of a new one.

erik - geocaching.com admin

~Erik~,

I am havaing the same prob on GCGFXC - Hawks Cry. Here is the error message page I get if I try to delete or change second log(which I didn't do) to a note.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path "c:cachesxml8083180831.xml" is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:cachesxml8083180831.xml" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[unauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:cachesxml8083180831.xml" is denied.] Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +792 Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +23 Geocaching.Geocache.SaveCacheToDisk(Int64 CacheID, DataSet& CacheData) +480 Geocaching.Geocache.GetCacheData(Int64 CacheID, Boolean CheckForUpdates, Boolean ForceUpdate) +167 Geocaching.UI.cache_details.BuildCachePage() +1297 Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +60 Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1042 Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +117 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +747

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Don't know if this will help at all.

maleki

Kind of a similar problem here. Someone tried to log a find on a cache of mine but they get some kind of error message. I revceived the email and everything that they found the cache but there is nothing on the cache page. They tried logging it again this morning and the same thing... I got another email but no log showing on the page. They use AOL as their server if that helps any but I don't know what kind of error message they received.

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

It's wierd it show up on my cache page as having been found yesterday too. This is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=3928 in case that helps.

Either it's fixed or there are some weird caching(computer, not geo!) issues going on. Since the person logged it twice, I'm guessing they didn't see it either and there are some issues with the new server caching cache pages. (say THAT 10 times fast!) I see both logs from yesterday, guess you need to delete one of them.

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

Jeremy,

maleki,

There were permission issues on the new box. I have resolved them. The page should be running fine now. Thanks for letting me know!

Jeremy Irish

Thanks for giving me 'permission' . Problem solved.

maleki