Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davon2

Transfer gpx from p.c. to GPSr ?

Hi

Sorry if this is simple but how do i transfer gpx files from p.c onto my gps reciever ?

I have done a pocket query and loaded it to p.c , then unzipped it . The preview stated there was 41 caches on it . When i connect my gps to pc a window opens and i dragged it into a folder called gpx . Some more caches have loaded on but only about 24 certainly not 4 .

Just not sure if this is the right way at all

Many thanks

David

Hi

Sorry if this is simple but how do i transfer gpx files from p.c onto my gps reciever ?

I have done a pocket query and loaded it to p.c , then unzipped it . The preview stated there was 41 caches on it . When i connect my gps to pc a window opens and i dragged it into a folder called gpx . Some more caches have loaded on but only about 24 certainly not 4 .

Just not sure if this is the right way at all

Many thanks

David

Where are you not seeing them (if that doesn't sound too Irish)?

If you can't see them when you are looking at your Find/Geocaches menu on the GPS then the next question is—

How far away are they? My Garmin Venture will only show the caches within a 50 km radius. (They are there but you either have to get closer or search by cache name).

Edited by Huntleigh

On the dakota it has installed to 25 miles from location , so that may be the answer

Thank you kindly

I believe there is also a limit to the number of geocaches that show up in a nearest search. To determine if the caches are in the GPS but not showing up, try the search by name choice.