The Alabama Rambler needs your prayers

GeoBain

Thanks for the wishes , kind words and prayers. Surgery postponped until Tuesday while they try to melt a pulmonary embolism.Doc says I need 6 by-passes. Doc says they normally take veins from the legs but since I only have one he,ll have to use cadavelr graft. Says he has an old Haition woman about to pass or an old pig on his farm that needs to be put down, so by Thursday I will be dancing to steel drums or rooting for truffles. C y'all on the trails.

I'm voting on the pig veins. You could change your forum title to "Part Bacon." :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm glad to hear you are in good spirits. I've been thinking a lot about you for the past few days. Keep making those plans to get back on the trail. Maybe your new truffle rooting super powers will help you sniff out tupperware and ammo cans. :anibad:

This!

Or "The Baconic Man" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Still thinking of you TAR, good luck!

Does it also mean we should no longer accept food from TAR?

Hope surgery goes well TAR.

Thanks for the wishes , kind words and prayers. Surgery postponped until Tuesday while they try to melt a pulmonary embolism.Doc says I need 6 by-passes. Doc says they normally take veins from the legs but since I only have one he,ll have to use cadavelr graft. Says he has an old Haition woman about to pass or an old pig on his farm that needs to be put down, so by Thursday I will be dancing to steel drums or rooting for truffles. C y'all on the trails.

I'm voting on the pig veins. You could change your forum title to "Part Bacon." :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm glad to hear you are in good spirits. I've been thinking a lot about you for the past few days. Keep making those plans to get back on the trail. Maybe your new truffle rooting super powers will help you sniff out tupperware and ammo cans. :anibad:

This!

Or "The Baconic Man" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Still thinking of you TAR, good luck!

Does it also mean we should no longer accept food from TAR?

Hope surgery goes well TAR.

We might have to check on the old Haitian woman - would TAR then be able to cast voodoo spells on all LPC?

AND what if they use some from both the old Haitian woman AND the pig....

I can't stand the suspense. Does anyone have TAR's number, so we could ask Rose what's up? Or am I being overanxious?

Just hang in there. If it's good news, it will come in due time. If it's bad news, then all you'll be doing is asking somebody much closer to TAR to tell you what's going on in their (semi)private life.

Just hold your taters.

Of course you're right. But I share her anxiety.

Yikes! I've been busy the past few months and have not been reporting in here too often so I missed this topic.

Well, I gotta say that my name is Ed, too, and I had a triple in 1997 and there have been no problems with that work. These guys are very good with this op. Best of luck and I will keep checking back.

I can't stand the suspense. Does anyone have TAR's number, so we could ask Rose what's up? Or am I being overanxious?

Just hang in there. If it's good news, it will come in due time. If it's bad news, then all you'll be doing is asking somebody much closer to TAR to tell you what's going on in their (semi)private life.

Just hold your taters.

You're absolutely right. TAR will post as soon as they let him. I'll hold my horses. It was on my mind all day.

Lessee...he had the procedure done yesterday.

Most likely, he'll be in ICU until tomorrow sometime. The first day or two in the cardiac ward are gonna be way no fun. About the 3rd day there, he should start feeling pretty good, considering what just happened.

Assuming the surgery went well, and it most likely did, his next big issue will be protecting his sternum for the next few months. If it separates, he's gonna be really mad.

I have Ed's number. But there ain't no way, no how that you're getting me to dial it. Let Ed heal for a bit and he'll let us know how he's doing when he's ready.

I don't think I've ever met Rose (his wife?) so I wouldn't feel comfortable calling her.

TAR left a note in OT about 25 minutes ago that he had a 4 vessel by-pass, is doing well, and hopes to be home Sunday.

I wasn't sure if he was too tired to post in this thread, I waited a bit and now am passing on the info. Hope you don't mind, Ed.

You beat me while I was searching for links and photos and things.

A lot of people have been praying and worrying, so I think it's good to let everyone know.