Get the TB Icon to Appear in Info Listing Column?

flyfshrgrl

I have a tb in my cache, but I do not know what to do to get the icon to appear in the Info column on the listing. How do I create a tb icon?

Thank you for your help and time,

flyfshrgrl

Here are the instructions on how to place a trackable item into a geocache;

Dropping off a Travel Bug

Once you log that you have retrieved or grabbed a Travel Bug, you can drop it into a cache. The cache listing acts as a virtual container allowing you to indicate that you have placed the Travel Bug in the physical cache.

If the Travel Bug has a goal, please try to follow the goal as best as you can. If the goal is to move the Travel Bug to the west coast, don't put the Travel Bug in a cache farther east.

Step 1. Visit the Cache Listing

Visit the cache listing for the cache in which you placed the Travel Bug.

If you already logged your find, don't panic! You can still post another log note.

Step 2. Visit the "log a cache" Page

As you normally log a find, click on the link to log the cache. You will need to log in first.

Step 3. Select the Travel Bug to drop off

After entering the text for your find, scroll down to see a list of Travel Bug Trackables in your inventory. Using the dropdown menu, select either "dropped off" to leave a Travel Bug in the cache, or "visited" to record a visit while still retaining possession of the Travel Bug. Once you are ready, click the button to submit your log.

I have a tb in my cache, but I do not know what to do to get the icon to appear in the Info column on the listing. How do I create a tb icon?

flyfshrgrl

How did the TB get into your cache? If you placed it there you can log it into the cache. If it was placed there by another cacher you may need to do a little more work to get it logged by the cacher who placed it. If you can figure out who placed it in your cache. Read up on how to move trackables here.

flyfshrgrl

How did the TB get into your cache? If you placed it there you can log it into the cache. If it was placed there by another cacher you may need to do a little more work to get it logged by the cacher who placed it. If you can figure out who placed it in your cache. Read up on how to move trackables here.

If I understand correctly, the OP has placed a trackable that she owns into a cache that she owns

Cache & Release - Bass: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3582981

has been dropped into

GC3B15W Bermese

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=360e24a7-944f-499b-812c-64d483ccda10

If that's the correct situation, the trackable needs to be logged as explained in the previous posts.

Edited by Pup Patrol

flyfshrgrl

GeoMinions gave some good advice....

I checked your cache and the other couple of trackables that you have, and I'm not so sure that you completely understand the how's & what's of moving trackables, yet.

"Retrieve" is used to pick the trackable from a cache that it is (listed) in;

"Grab" is to take possession of the trackable from another person OR a cache that it IS NOT listed as being in;

"Visited" you seem to use well, taking a trackable to but not leaving in a cache;

"Dropped off" is used to place a trackable and leave it in the cache.

It is the 'Dropped off' that you need to do to place the trackable in your cache. You posted a note (properly so) stating that you placed it there, but you never 'Dropped' it. You can do so simply by editing that note log you already posted. Until you do such, it will not show the icon either in the cache inventory or the INFO column on the All Geocaches listing page.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee