Garmin issues

yellow-bird

You mean to tell me that Garmin does not have one tech that can go out and duplicate this problem with the new etrex line?Where is the quality control?From reading all the sticky issues,I come to an conclusion that newer is not always better as companies seek cheaper ways to produce products.In the end Garmin will fix the problem,but, it should not have existed and released to the consumer.

This has been going on for along time now,it is to be expected from Garmin,and as long as people keep buying them and then waiting for Garmin to fix them it will continue.If you bought most anything else and it didnt work right you would most likely return it.Sometimes it appears as though it could be a hardware problem ,maybe a software work around might be possible,maybe not.Then you are SOL and stuck waiting.Its like Microsoft,but much worse.I think I will just stick to my 76csx for now,I only use it for hiking anyway and cant deal very well with inferior products.I was looking forward to buying a newer model about a year ago,but as far as I am concerned now their still are no models ready for me yet.I want one that works out of the box.

Edited by Forkeye

You mean to tell me that Garmin does not have one tech that can go out and duplicate this problem with the new etrex line?Where is the quality control?From reading all the sticky issues,I come to an conclusion that newer is not always better as companies seek cheaper ways to produce products.In the end Garmin will fix the problem,but, it should not have existed and released to the consumer.

Cudda, Shudda, Wudda...

Please mention that to all the other corporate entities that push things out for (what we call) "Consumer Engineering".

I was going to name them, but for fear of singling some and not others, I decided not to. :ph34r:

It is a rampant disease (mind-set) that affects many, if not all corporations. Keep the Board of Directors happy and the bottom line climbing upwards, the consumer can go to.... well, somewhere.

I'm not going to throw stones at Garmin, 'cuz they themselves aren't the problem.

Note that's a beta version, personally I'll wait ... <_<

Heh. I'm so used to being someones beta tester I don't even flinch anymore. :)

In my experience: Garmin purchaser = Beta tester :laughing:

Not knocking Garmin in any way - I own three, but just the way it seems to be.

Which honestly I don't mind, as long as they're responsive to any issues that pop up. Which most of the time they are. Maybe not as quick as I'd like them to be, but during their designated beta phases they're pretty good with pushing out updates. In any case, I'd take it over having broken firmware without anybody bothering to ever fix it any day.

Used to be a time you got paid to be a beta tester.

Or at very least the product was provided to you for free when you signed up to do the testing!

Having to pay them for the privilege is the part that hurts most. Regardless of who it is.

That said, I own two Garmins of older persuasions, and both are well sorted out. Perhaps their big problem is that they seem to be trying to produce too many versions of their lines... how many 'new' Nuvi models do they need, I see one about every few months.

Tech changes for sure, but...

Doug 7rxc

Used to be a time you got paid to be a beta tester.

Or at very least the product was provided to you for free when you signed up to do the testing!

Having to pay them for the privilege is the part that hurts most. Regardless of who it is.

That said, I own two Garmins of older persuasions, and both are well sorted out. Perhaps their big problem is that they seem to be trying to produce too many versions of their lines... how many 'new' Nuvi models do they need, I see one about every few months.

Tech changes for sure, but...

Doug 7rxc

Please note.....VERY FEW of the real/perceived/posted problems are actual GPS problems. Most are "Game Controller" problems driven by the infinite whims of players that sometimes seem to be controlled by head locations on opposite ends of their bodies.

7RXC is correct, but not just NUVI's. I just hope that, in order to please all the "Gamers" , the important GPS functions aren't compromised.

My opinion......