Is there an easier way to Download to my GPS?

CacheKeehl

Okay so basically I have had a Magellan Explorist GC since this past summer and I am still learning all the bells and whistles. This weekend my friends and I are going to do a 38 cache trail nearby and I want to download them to my GPS. Now I know I can do a pocket query for the are, but that is more than I want. Other than going through and either bookmarking each cache in the trail or clicking the download to gps for each individual cache is there an easier way? I know I can download them as waypoints .loc files, but I want them as GPX.

Can someone help me out? I did part of the E.T. Highway when it was resurrected and I ended up just doing a pocket query and getting ever friggen geocache out there on my GPS... Anyway thanks for the help!

For one thing, you don't need to do a PQ with 1,000 or even 500 caches. Furthermore, you can limit the area (circular circumference) to any size.

If the area that you are going to cache in is basically a 10-mile area, set if for a 5-mile circumference. You can check the preview with the map to see what caches it includes, prior to submitting it to run -- the map shows those caches selected with a lightning bolt icon.

With the preview, if you don't like the results, go back and adjust the distance parameter.

We do this quite often while running specific Pocket Queries dealing with islands in the Great Lakes, when we do not want to include caches from other surrounding land masses.

Should your cache outing be along a specific route as opposed to a general area, simply draw up a route and run a PQ from that route. You can widen or narrow the distance from the route (highway) centerline. As always, you can exclude cache types and caches that you have already found.

You can mix and match, running multiple Pocket Queries, instead of trying to do it all in a single PQ shot. Your parameters/area choices are nearly limitless that way. 5 per day, need more? Do more tomorrow.

Don't forget to use the preview and map, it's a very good way to select what you do/don't want in the PQ.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee