Earth Turtle 2012

tsunrisebey

A huge thunderstorm passed through and through the wind and thunder we heard the "thunk" of the mail box! The ET's have arrived in New Jersey B) . The Haka (black) gold plating is really stunning as well as the others. How can you pick a favorite? Beautiful job Tsun! I am glad I got more than one of....wait a minute, where did those other coins go....."oh SUE" !!!!!! :yikes:

Any word on the special editions for the cointest winners?

No, I have not even done the color scheme yet. I couldn't afford to do more because I did the reservation route which usually kills my savings account. The next round will have the 'tsun' version which will be ready just prior to GCF and I will get them mailed out.

I will be concentrating on GCF versions of coins/desings now, so hang tight.

I also need to get the icon done for this coin too. I'm behind.

tsun

Hey Tsun, The distance between you and I is what? about 900 kilometres? How is it possible that coins have arrived in Amsterdam but not Alberta! Good ol' Canada Post I guess. sheesh, if I was still living in Australia I'd probably have them by now!

Hey Bernice, in talking to a CPW they relayed the story that all mail whether sent or receiving does not always take the shortest route. A letter mailed from Ontario going to Ontario may find itself out West <_< cause that postal sorting depot may not be as busy as the two in Ontario :o so when sending mail you really get your money's worth :P is the way I look at it.

Now the other piece of good news - Mine arrived (yours should along very soon :) )

Hey Tsun, The distance between you and I is what? about 900 kilometres? How is it possible that coins have arrived in Amsterdam but not Alberta! Good ol' Canada Post I guess. sheesh, if I was still living in Australia I'd probably have them by now!

Nope you wouldn't GG :sad:

Tho if people are still waiting I may have jumped the gun and e-mailed Steph asking if there was a delay, sorry Steph!I should have checked the forums first!

Nope you wouldn't GG :sad:

Tho if people are still waiting I may have jumped the gun and e-mailed Steph asking if there was a delay, sorry Steph!I should have checked the forums first!

Yours can't be far away - mine has arrived. :)

Hey Bernice, in talking to a CPW they relayed the story that all mail whether sent or receiving does not always take the shortest route. A letter mailed from Ontario going to Ontario may find itself out West <_< cause that postal sorting depot may not be as busy as the two in Ontario :o so when sending mail you really get your money's worth :P is the way I look at it.

Now the other piece of good news - Mine arrived (yours should along very soon :) )

I'll never pretend to make sense of the inner workings of the post office:rolleyes:

No, I have not even done the color scheme yet. I couldn't afford to do more because I did the reservation route which usually kills my savings account. The next round will have the 'tsun' version which will be ready just prior to GCF and I will get them mailed out.

tsun

Any news? :)

tsun

Any news? :)

Nope, I haven't heard her mention anything about ET's. I am pretty sure she just got back from a long road trip and hasn't even unpacked yet. I would give her some time to catch her breath. I'm pretty sure she won't forget.

Is there any progress on the icon for this coin? I'm not really an icon addict, but when I sent one of my turtles swimming today, it was a bit sad seeing such a beautiful coin with the dull generic icon.

I apologize for taking so long to get over here to the forums. Yes, I just sent the artwork to my icon guy. I hope to get something within a week or so and get it into GS. I already paid for it but I've just been super behind the past couple of months. I'm finally getting my tsun house in order :)

I'm also working on the tsun version of this coin for those I eventually need to get those too.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Stephanie/tsun

Is there any progress on the icon for this coin? I'm not really an icon addict, but when I sent one of my turtles swimming today, it was a bit sad seeing such a beautiful coin with the dull generic icon.

I apologize for taking so long to get over here to the forums. Yes, I just sent the artwork to my icon guy. I hope to get something within a week or so and get it into GS. I already paid for it but I've just been super behind the past couple of months. I'm finally getting my tsun house in order :)

I'm also working on the tsun version of this coin for those I eventually need to get those too.

Stephanie/tsun

Hi tsun, happy new year for you too.

After reading your reply, I was wondering if there will also be icons for the "Sea of Treasures" and the "Earth Turtle Petroglyph", or maybe these ones will just keep the generic icon? If this as been answered somewhere else, then apologies for simply asking without looking around first.

Antonio

Stephanie/tsun

Hi tsun, happy new year for you too.

After reading your reply, I was wondering if there will also be icons for the "Sea of Treasures" and the "Earth Turtle Petroglyph", or maybe these ones will just keep the generic icon? If this as been answered somewhere else, then apologies for simply asking without looking around first.

Antonio

Antonio,

Thanks for the reminder on the SoT coin, I totally forgot about that one. As far as the Petroglyph goes, I need to see if I paid for one, I can't remember (probably did since I know everyone likes icons). Will follow up.

tsun

Icons submitted for the ET this evening. Thank you to mauison for his handy work :)

Hopefully those of you who like your icons will enjoy this one, I'll let it be a surprise.

tsun

Hi Tsun,

unfortunately, my geocoin hasn't own icon yet. Look at Bo.T.L.'s Earth Turtle 2012 Geocoin (Antique Copper)

:unsure:

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Borek,

It will, Groundspeak will load it on Wednesday :)

tsun