Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishieFive

Trouble uploading photos to a geocoin gallery

I took some photos of my geocoin before releasing it, but for some reason the photos will not upload to the coin's gallery. I've tried over and over, different size photos, different file types, etc. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3585560

What happens when you try? Is there an error message?

What happens when you try? Is there an error message?

No, it just resets the page back to blank.

You don't add photos to the "gallery", you simply upload them from a log.

In that it is your trackable, you can upload photos from your first log via the edit option on that log.

Edit to add: To clarify, the photos will go into the gallery, you just cannot upload via a gallery option.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

For trackables, you do. If you go to one of your trackables, in the box at the top-right titled "Trackable Options", there's an option called "Upload an Image". That's how you can add images of your trackable like on this one.

I just tried uploading another image, and it worked successfully.

For trackables, you do. If you go to one of your trackables, in the box at the top-right titled "Trackable Options", there's an option called "Upload an Image". That's how you can add images of your trackable like on this one.

I just tried uploading another image, and it worked successfully.

Yes, that is correct -- but when people refer to the "gallery", most often they are trying to link through the gallery to upload. It just cannot be done. Haven't seen it asked for awhile, but it does pop up occasionally.

So, with a trackable, there are really three ways of uploading: edit previous log, make a new log, or the Trackable Options feature.

If one method fails, at least there are two other options. :)

It worked just fine today, so it must have been just a glitch the first day that I tried it. I didn't do anything differently today, but glad it worked.

Edited by FishieFour