Geocaching.com sending wrong version of EasyGPS

creagerstonefamily

Here's the best part...

I spent over an hour and a half today trying to get EasyGPS 1.2.2 to download waypoints from my spiffy new GPX file to my MeriPlat.

It wouldn't even display them even though it worked last night, though.)

So, I downloaded ExpertGPS (against my will, since I wanted to save the 14 day evaluation until I could REALLY use it). It didn't choke on the GPX...but it wouldn't download the waypoints, either.

Finally, I loaded the LOC file and it downloaded without a hitch.

GPX...BLAH! It sure sounds neat, but NOTHING WORKS WITH IT.

quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal:

Sure it does.

You probably have a corrupt GPX-file.

...then Groundspeak is sending me TWO corrupt GPX files per day what's the point?

As for GPSBabel, if it will send the waypoints, I'll use it. If not, it's really a waste of time for me.

I'm just frustrated because this GPX boondoggle delayed for over an hour the start of our caching day that we'd planned for a week. That delay set in motion a chain of events that had an unpleasant outcome.

Of course, it's really my fault since I assumed that everything would work.

Silly me...

I have yet to have a single GPX file work yet. I have downloaded the new and newer EasyGPS programs again and again and none of them seem to work.

Things have gotten kind of busy here lately, so I haven't had time to peruse the forums like I used to. I'm sure someone can Markwell us some advice on what's wrong and how to fix it, but what's the deal?!?!

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I had a little trouble with GPX's and my problem was in the download and not the generated file itself. I couldnt get all the waypoints to load in Easy GPS and then when I got EZgps to go, I couldnt get Watcher to load em. What I did was have GC send me a zip file. That kept the formatting intact and kept IE from corrupting it during download. I don't think the problem is totally with Geocaching.com, I think its in IE.

When GPSr's are outlawed, only Outlaws will have GPSr's.

I would think that there's a problem related to how you've got things set up on your computer, such as what browser and related settings you have and so forth. I only started downloading waypoints last week, but in about 10 tries, I've had nothing but success.

How about selecting a single waypoint to download and provide a blow-by-blow description of what you're doing and what response you get from your browser or EasyGPS or whatever? Maybe your description will reveal something that one of us can pick up on to help you out.