Mesa, Arizona

Dwarreltje

Hi,

Who can help me with finding the right cache in Mesa, Arizona? This is the problem:

I send a TB from the Netherlands to my son, who lives temoraly in Mesa, Arizona. I asked him to put it in a cache there and he's willing to do that. Althought my son doesn't has a gps. So I send him a describtion of the cache "The Falcon has landed" (GC2DGZE) and photo's from Google Earth. This cache is in front of his school. Unfortunatly he did search, but couldn't find the cache without a gps.

I heard this was a cache big enough for a little TB (as big as a coin). Most caches in that area aren't.

I wrote the owner as well some people who found this cache, but no response.

Is there any one here who can help? Maybe someone who want to put this TB in a cache, or can give my son a better hint for GC2DGZE? Or name a cache in that area that's big enough for a little TB? My son lives at 300 meters from the cache Pea Kade (GC3568A).

I hope some one can help. It would be nice for the owner, a 9 years old boy.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Dwarreltje ( dwarreltje@hotmail.com )

The cache in question should be easy to find and the logs show it as being found regularly in recent past. Its been a while since I found it, but I dont recall it being a hard find.

If that is causing grief on finding it, he might try this one just a short bit down the road: GC2YAA5 Longbow Surprise

There is at least one name on the logs for that cache that is a forum regular. He may be able to describe the hide for you. I suspect he'll see this thread soon.

TA DAAA!!!

As I recall the container is an Altoids tin...and if I remember right it was a popular style where gravel is glued to the top and the cache is nestled in amongst the landscaping gravel. Not really a lot of space in there for a TB that has any size to it.

GC2YAA5 has had a new container since I found it, but it was rather small when I did. It could be a good option if the replacement container is bigger.

Most of the caches in the vicinity are micros, but GC2Q9NW is a fair-sized lock-n-lock type container about 2 miles away. Without knowing the size of the TB in question, I would suggest that cache as the best possibility within a reasonable distance.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=fcaa9622-276b-4c3d-9e2a-da1c80ae5df7

Yess! My son (Arendsoog) found the cache, without gps! The whole story: In the Netherlands I found a TB from a 9 years old boy, Pepijn.This TB has the goal to go to the USA. My son lives there temporaly, becoming a pilot. So I asked my son: When I send you the TB, can you put it in a cache in your area (Mesa)? Yes he would. But doesn't has a gps. His visiting father brought him the TB.I send him cache-describtions, photo's from Google Earthe, but he didn't succeeded. Finally I asked for help at the Groundspeakforum and thanks to AZcachemeister & skraeling [8d] I could send my son to this cache. He found it and put the TB in. Hopefully for Pepijn the TB will travel a lot through America. Thanks for the cache, despite I can't log it as found. My son can!.Thanks to my great son Thies, thanks to AZcachemeister & skraeling .

Great story. I love it when a travel bug really gets to complete its mission!

PS: I have one sitting right in front of me as I type that completed its mission to travel from the state of Alabama to the state of Minnesota into a cache of mine. Very cool!

Edited by knowschad