Another Geocacher recently passed - Txoilgas (Alan)

Mr.Yuck

Sorry to hear. I never knew him, but we have traded tags before.

I knew him. Alan was a great guy and one of those real dedicated retired guys who find caching as a source for full time fun and adventure. He was also a trackable fiend like me.

There was no such thing as a brief conversation with him in person or by email. A dyed in the wool geocacher was he.

He was a great help with the ODS project launch event and was a real hard worker at the trackable station, with me, at GW4. We both spent several days limiting out our geocaching.com email accounts emailing everyone planning on attending GW4 the instructions to launch my mega event trackable forwarding system that is still used today at GW's and many other events and megas. It wouldn't have had the huge initial success without Alan's help to get the word out.

One of my favorite geocaching stories is how Alan put over 25,000 miles on his truck to be FTF in completing the Texas County Challenge. That was a huge accomplishment.

Via con Dios my brutha. I'm glad to hear you went peacefully in pursuit of something you love. :sad:

Sorry to hear. I never knew him, but we have traded tags before.

I knew him. Alan was a great guy and one of those real dedicated retired guys who find caching as a source for full time fun and adventure. He was also a trackable fiend like me.

There was no such thing as a brief conversation with him in person or by email. A dyed in the wool geocacher was he.

He was a great help with the ODS project launch event and was a real hard worker at the trackable station, with me, at GW4. We both spent several days limiting out our geocaching.com email accounts emailing everyone planning on attending GW4 the instructions to launch my mega event trackable forwarding system that is still used today at GW's and many other events and megas. It wouldn't have had the huge initial success without Alan's help to get the word out.

One of my favorite geocaching stories is how Alan put over 25,000 miles on his truck to be FTF in completing the Texas County Challenge. That was a huge accomplishment.

Via con Dios my brutha. I'm glad to hear you went peacefully in pursuit of something you love. :sad:

Great post Snoogans. I heard about it via the Twitter community of Geocachers, and since very few of them ever come here, I started the thread. Retired? Do you know how old he was?

Very sorry to hear of his passing. I noticed his last caches all had death in the name and were in Cemeteries. Im a lil superstitious but does anyone else think its a little creepy? Again I offer my condolences to his friends and family

It a series of very well done, very well maintained caches the are all across the state. He was trying to complete the Oklahoma DeLorme and county challenges. This series is the best way to complete it quickly.

So sorry to hear of his passing. I had traded pathtags with him and enjoyed the tags he traded with me. I think he might have even helped me find some older pathtags and traded some really hard to find pathtags of the month club. From reading here(I can't access FB at work), I see he died doing what he loved to go!! So glad he hit a great milestone of 1,500. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family right now. That would be great to nominate TXoilgas and Sven as Geocachers of the Year. They have both impacted many people and geocachers in many ways they don't know!!

Linda Clark

aka BelieveMore

Edited by BelieveMore