I am having a problem with the POI loader

AndrewRJ

Ever since I upgraded to windows 7 64 bit last year the POI loader has not been able to load the custom POI files onto my 60CX. I haven't changed my macros that generate them that I am aware of and at this point my POI file is woefully out of date. I am currently running the latest version of GSAK, and the POI loader (updated late January 2012)

I have a macro that splits each file type into its own file, one for traditionals, one for solved puzzles etc.. When I look at the files in excel everything looks correct, in this format

-121.9988 47.79425 FloatingSnoqua U M (3.5/5) Most likely coords.|

The POI Loader will recognize the files but locks in the same place each time. I tell it to load the file to the GPS and it goes to a screen that says "Reading Files" with a progress bar. It never gets off of 0%, but it does look like it is trying to process. I have even tried leaving it overnight. I can cancel out of the loader so it hasn't totally locked up.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Or does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I can directly convert it to a .gpi file and manually load it but that doesn't load them in under a custom icon like it had been doing. Unless anyone knows how to manually associate the .gpi file to display with a custom icon already on the gps when it loads.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I use it to load POI's into my nuvi. Mine is version 2.5.4 and works with no problems on my Win7. You can find it here. You have to poke around a bit since the file names are chopped.

Well that is just sad how easy that was to fix. Thanks so much Jim, that worked. I can't believe that they managed to break something like that. I loaded up 2.5.4 and it worked without hesitation.

Thanks so much! of course now I have all this work to get everything fully updated across all the challenges I am working on across the state.

I use it to load POI's into my nuvi. Mine is version 2.5.4 and works with no problems on my Win7. You can find it here. You have to poke around a bit since the file names are chopped.

Well that is just sad how easy that was to fix. Thanks so much Jim, that worked. I can't believe that they managed to break something like that. I loaded up 2.5.4 and it worked without hesitation.

Thanks so much! of course now I have all this work to get everything fully updated across all the challenges I am working on across the state.

Yeah, I learned that if the Garmin utility works, don't update. We don't need to discuss how I found that site. :lol: