Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrislux12

Chirp

Hi, is it possible to do a search for Chirp caches by country? I did a search using "Chirp" as a Keyword but it then brings up all the Chirps in the world and I wanted to narrow it down to a country, anyone know if it is possible?

Do a pocket query with the wireless beacon attribute selected. While not all owners of chirps have selected, most have so it should bring them up!

Do a pocket query with the wireless beacon attribute selected. While not all owners of chirps have selected, most have so it should bring them up!

Thanks, that helped :)

It seems very easy to create a "Chirp" cache and then not use that attribute. I have searched for "Chirps" using that attribute in my "Pocket Query(s). At the time I thought, "what if the cache owner forgot to activate that attribute?"

Even if a cache owner put information in their cache listing it may get missed. When I use my Oregon to search for a cache I do not always read the cache page info or hints. I never cache with the chirp feature turned on because I have read that it uses the batteries up quickly.

In all honesty I have not actually found a "Chirp" hide yet. I have run several "Pocket Query(s)" intending to attempt one but they have never been located near enough to my planned caching route. I remain hopeful! :ph34r:

GC1RQF8 - Try this one klipsch49er. It should be the closest one too you.

Thanks for the heads up on that cache and I'll target it when I return to my home. Been out for an RV trip since Sept and have looked at "Chirps" on my PQs in the areas I have been staying. I'd like to find one before I return in April.