Travel Bug

kweave06

For what it's worth:

Logging a Travelbug or Geocoin

Keep in mind that the number you see on the Trackable's page will not be the same as what you see on the dogtag or coin.

There's also the outside chance that you found a trackable that is not tracked on this site. For instance, I have a few signature items (smashed pennies) that I track on a site set up by an industrious Community Member.

Best of luck!

I tried the serial number and it did not work.

Define "did not work"

You're using the 6 character alpha-numeric code on the tag, right?

Yes. I tried it and it would not go through it came up saying that the TB did not exist. That it was never registered. I put in the numer to register it but since I am not the original owner I do not have the authorization code.

For what it's worth:

Logging a Travelbug or Geocoin

Keep in mind that the number you see on the Trackable's page will not be the same as what you see on the dogtag or coin.

There's also the outside chance that you found a trackable that is not tracked on this site. For instance, I have a few signature items (smashed pennies) that I track on a site set up by an industrious Community Member.

Best of luck!

No this is a normal tb with the little metal tag with the code on the front. It should go through the normal geocaching site, but I don't get how to find the owner.

I found a travel bug and can not log it. I tried the serial number and it did not work. There was a trackable that was named the same as this one but the numbers do not match up. What is my next step??

Could you please post the GC number of the cache where you picked the tb up?

Thanks.

B.

GC1DT1Q Son of old sarge It is not in the past trackables list. I checked.

I've found a coin in a cache where whoever dropped it there didn't log it properly, so it never showed on the inventory.

Is it possible that it's Madeleine's Prilla Fairy, recorded as being in GCT9K4 Road to Nowhere, not far from GC1DT1Q?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=24b37d6d-208a-49fb-b64b-8afc7cfe640a

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e1ab4adf-dabf-4cc4-ae12-b50ce0fe4706

It sounds like a "fairy" travel bug was dropped, then retrieved, but the retrieval was not recorded. So, it remains in the inventory of GCT9K4.

Found it 07/04/2011

Sure is a road to nowhere, except to a cache. I made the find easily for Grandfatherof4 and Lottie2941 and I caching our way around town on vacation from RI. Left TB/SL/TFTC Halogrammy.

Found it 07/05/2011

Took a bit of searching, but finally got it. There was a fairy TB inside pushing the lid off in an attempt to get out. I will set her free in Kentucky. TFTC.

Found it 12/30/2011

Nice spot. No trackables. Tftc

Oh, never mind, I see now that you already picked that tb up.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I've found a coin in a cache where whoever dropped it there didn't log it properly, so it never showed on the inventory.

Is it possible that it's Madeleine's Prilla Fairy, recorded as being in GCT9K4 Road to Nowhere, not far from GC1DT1Q?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=24b37d6d-208a-49fb-b64b-8afc7cfe640a

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e1ab4adf-dabf-4cc4-ae12-b50ce0fe4706

It sounds like a "fairy" travel bug was dropped, then retrieved, but the retrieval was not recorded. So, it remains in the inventory of GCT9K4.

Found it 07/04/2011

Sure is a road to nowhere, except to a cache. I made the find easily for Grandfatherof4 and Lottie2941 and I caching our way around town on vacation from RI. Left TB/SL/TFTC Halogrammy.

That looks like it is it, but it will not let me post a comment because they tracking number doesn't match. There is no way I could be typing in the wrong thing it is the only letter number combo on the metal tracker tag. That seems like it would be the right one but I do not have the correct number. The themes of the TB's are the same.

Found it 07/05/2011

Took a bit of searching, but finally got it. There was a fairy TB inside pushing the lid off in an attempt to get out. I will set her free in Kentucky. TFTC.

Found it 12/30/2011

Nice spot. No trackables. Tftc

Oh, never mind, I see now that you already picked that tb up.