February 2012 Ocean Kami Cointest

CacheboxStore.com

Ocean Kami Silver Sea Geocoin Cointest Description:

71% of the earth's surface is covered by oceans. These oceans supports the life of nearly 50% of all species on our planet. Oceans are important for transportation, recreation, and may possess resources holding potential cures for diseases. They also are of economic importance. One out of every six jobs in the United States is marine related and over one third of U.S. Gross National Product originates in coastal areas (noaa.gov).

Unfortunately, there are presently many environmental issues posing a threat to our oceans health. To learn more about the specific issues, please visit National Geographic's Protecting the Ocean website.

Do you have a favorite geocache near the ocean? Or maybe you have a special spot that you like to visit that is close to our protected waters. Please post any comments or stories about your favorite ocean venues or ocean life forms.

Thanks goes out to Jackalgirl who was the artist that created this beautiful geocoin design to raise awareness for ocean conservation.

Coin that will be up for grabs during this cointest:

Ocean_Kami_Silver_Sea_Geocoin_%281_of_3%29__75331_zoom.jpg

Ocean_Kami_Silver_Sea_Geocoin_%282_of_3%29__94822_zoom.jpg

• Edition: Satin Silver
  • Measures 1.75" in diameter
  • Soft enamel colors
  • Intricate detailing on front and back
  • Perimeter text
  • Trackable on Geocaching.com
  • A unique icon shows on your profile when you log a discovery.

Here are the rules, regulations and details for this cointest:

What can you win?

A fully trackable unactivated Ocean Kami Silver Sea Geocoin. One lucky winner will have this coin mailed to their address of choice free of charge.

Who can enter?

Anyone and everyone!

How can I enter?

Send your answers to the cointest question below via the cointest contact form. Make sure to mention "February 2012 Cachebox Cointest" in your answer. Please include your Geocaching handle so we can use it when we announce the winner on this forum topic. Do not post your answers here! All answers must be sent via the email form.

Can we make posts via this topic?

Of course! We encourage everyone to participate in the discussion of today's most important ocean issues.

How long will the cointest run?

You can submit answers until Wednesday February 29th 2012, 11:59pm MST.

How will the winner be chosen?

Winner will be determined by a random drawing. The winner will be announced as soon as contact has been established. If no contact has been established after 3 days, another winner will be chosen at random. This will continue until a winner has successfully been contacted.

How many times can I enter?

One entry per person please. This gives everyone with the correct answer a fair chance to win.

Cointest Question:

What is one of the critical ocean issues that we face today? (Many possible answers, list one to qualify)

Good luck to all our participants. Remember, to enter you must send in your answer using the cointest contact form with "February 2012 Cachebox Cointest" mentioned in your answer.

Logan Wealing

Cachebox Geocaching Store

Answer send! :) and it was quite big... sorry! :D

I am not living near an ocean... I have never seen one from close.. but since I am on an island in the aegean sea... so in the Medditerranean... I really know about these things....

there are many caches on my island that are near the sea... and a favorite one is the "from lighthouse to lighthouse" http://coord.info/GC1CF7F that is the southernest cache on Rhodes! it is in prasonisi... a tiny island that during summer is connected with Rhodes by a sand road! During winter... most of the times it is an island again.... the sandroad is under water! the sea is open there... and probably aegean sea meets mediteranean sea! if you sail from there and go south.... (there is no port... but..) you will see land when you reach Egypt or Lybia... if you go west... you will see Karpathos, Kasos and Crete!, if you go east... you will go to Cyprus etc...