Could a Pocket Query return 1000 caches, not 500??

Eurastus

Now that the latest (albeit beta) firmware for the popular Garmin 76S will support 1000 user waypoints icon_smile.gif, it'd be nice if a Pocket Query could return 1000 caches. Let me tell you why I think this would help users as well as potentially reduce the load on Groundspeak's servers.

Presently, I have five queries I actively use. One returns all found caches...I'm not over 500 (by a long shot), so it won't be affected. However, the other four are scattered throughout my state, given the requirement to stay in the boundaries of the state, and each return 500 caches. Needless to say, there is quite a bit of overlap. But when I import all four into ExpertGPS and drag the 2000 caches returned (4x500) into a single window, I end up with the 916 caches in my state I haven't found. I import these into my 76S and end up with exactly what I want.

However, I must load all four .prc files into my Palm. They are 900k each; there's half my memory gone. If I had only a single result returned that allowed up to 1000 caches, I'd reduce my total .prc file size by half. Good for me.

Likewise, I could reduce the number of nightly queries run on the Groundspeak servers from five to two. Granted, the 1000-cache query would be twice as large as a 500-cache query, but the total returned would be less than half of what it is today.

If I'm the only one in this situation, I understand, and I'll just plod on as I do today. icon_frown.gif

But I wonder if a larger number of caches returned wouldn't help others as well...

icon_rolleyes.gif