75th Anniversary geocoin for the Hindenburg

mo pirate

I have a design submitted at the mint for a new coin to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Hindenburg diaster on May 6, 1937. I should have them in April I think. It is a huge 3D 3" air ballon in Satin Silver with all the features of a mini derigible. It is trackable at geocaching.com. A p-tag will also be included in the set. Let me know what you think and any comments. Should I have some made without the German Marking (swastika)for our German geocachers? Or is it ok since it is not a promotion of it but a historically accurate reference only.

519aa6d6-067e-4ff3-8227-6dd6793b66ce.jpg?rnd=0.09853762

Hi, just wondering what the Icon will be?

I have a design submitted at the mint for a new coin to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Hindenburg diaster on May 6, 1937. I should have them in April I think. It is a huge 3D 3" air ballon in Satin Silver with all the features of a mini derigible. It is trackable at geocaching.com. A p-tag will also be included in the set. Let me know what you think and any comments. Should I have some made without the German Marking (swastika)for our German geocachers? Or is it ok since it is not a promotion of it but a historically accurate reference only.

519aa6d6-067e-4ff3-8227-6dd6793b66ce.jpg?rnd=0.09853762

Hi, just wondering what the Icon will be?

Should be front part of the airship

When you said $20 for a set. Is that two coins or a coin and a pathtag?

It is the 3" x 9MM coin and a pathtag as a set. The coin is a model of the airship so no anniversary info is on it. The pathtag has the wording to show the 75th anniversary May 6, 1937 and the Hindenburg name in german script. It is a scene of the disaster.

thanks for asking.

If you just wanted the coin it is $18.

thanks,

MO Piraye aka Steve Allen

a2019524-a67b-4ef0-b4cc-bed793f96d0d.jpg?rnd=0.00866335664f0b968-a354-4d6a-b534-e6c017e6abe2.jpg?rnd=0.8744122

I hope these latest design proofs will be more appealing! I like them and should be good for the world. At 9 MM thick and 3" long it should come with helium!

These will be a set with pathtag included.

thanks,

MO Pirate

These are the final design photos as the other pics were forerunners of the process to get to these finals. thnaks,

Mo pirate

28a87b94-3be4-482d-b6a9-c6c91809161d.jpg

Here is the actual photo of the antique silver compared to the satin silver and the placement of the tracking info.

thanks for the question.

Steve Allen aka mo pirate

i'm very pleased with my satin silver geocoin...another great job !

ILYK

28a87b94-3be4-482d-b6a9-c6c91809161d.jpg

Here is the actual photo of the antique silver compared to the satin silver and the placement of the tracking info.

thanks for the question.

Steve Allen aka mo pirate

i'm very pleased with my satin silver geocoin...another great job !

ILYK

Thank you sir! Today is MAY 6 so today IS the 75th Anniversary. Wonder if they will show the movie?

I am not sure how that happened as I have always spelled it Hindenburg. Someone there at Groundspeak must have entered it wrong. Not sure how that gets fixed as it is beyond my fixing. Maybe someone at Direct Mint sent it over wrong. I will ask Pete. thanks.

Pete is checking to make sure it comes thru correctly. I looked at my personal coin and sure enough mine was wrong too but I was able to Edit the name so I made the spelling correction myself.

Look for the change soon or you can change the name that comes thru by just doing an edit of the name.

thanks, MO pirate

Pete is checking to make sure it comes thru correctly. I looked at my personal coin and sure enough mine was wrong too but I was able to Edit the name so I made the spelling correction myself.

Look for the change soon or you can change the name that comes thru by just doing an edit of the name.

thanks, MO pirate

I already changed the name at activation process. But at "Your public profile - Tackables" the original name is shown. This must be fixed by Groundspeak. I am sure they will do that quickly.

Edited by High

thanks, MO pirate

I already changed the name at activation process. But at "Your public profile - Tackables" the original name is shown. This must be fixed by Groundspeak. I am sure they will do that quickly.

I hope it is done quickly as I know I did not do it. It is funny how mistakes are made! LOL

Could you please provide some information about the minted numbers? Would be interesting to know. Thanks in advance and kind regards.

Andy

I had 125 of Satin Silver minted and 125 Antique Silver minted. Choice of either for $20 set of geocoin and pathtag as pictures some where back in this forum topic.

I do still have a few of each finish (Satin Silver or Antique Silver) available. These are $20 and I can bring them to you at MOGA if you want to save on the shipping. Poastal shipping is still available for domestic at $3.50 but Europe cost me $8.88 since the price increase. Anyhow I just wanted to send out the option of being able to get these from me at MOGA in case you are attending that MEGA EVENT!