Topo maps for Brazil? APE cache area specifically?

Redfist

I'm curious if anyone here knows where I can download topo maps for that area. I'm flying down at the end of the month and will have a guide, so I'm sure I'll find it. However, nice topo maps always make the GPS more fun. :)

Thanks,

Redfist

Free? Probably not. Try omnimap.com. Looks like they cover Brazil fairly well. Just need to figure out which map you need. Prices seem reasonable.

Why start up another thread about the Ape cache?

Here is your other thread you started last week.

because its cool !

There is nothing in the world that gives enlighten like this cache journey to Brazil, following guides cutting they up and down the trails with machetes’ to the cache location what can I say but get all the help you can afford it will be worth it.

Following behind the machete swinging guides, make you pause and think its just like watching an adventure on National Geography and I’m da star, its Tooooooo COOL

We only had a guide and translator when we got to the park, and any maps you can get is cool, not speaking the language, is not a real problem. On the way there and back we eat at a several places and that had pictures on their menu’s . Because beer is about eight dollars their money not ours its very special each place we ate they served if in champagne glasses.

The cool thing about a translator is, let them take you to one of the very small villages in the area and walk around there markets and shops, trust me you will have question to ask.and is almost as much fun.

Read all the logs or go blind as we did, its still an adventure of a life time

Speaking for Rick and myself

now no more hints from me no need to spoil YOUR ADVENTURE

Joe

Why start up another thread about the Ape cache?

Here is your other thread you started last week.

because its cool !

There is nothing in the world that gives enlighten like this cache journey to Brazil, following guides cutting they up and down the trails with machetes’ to the cache location what can I say but get all the help you can afford it will be worth it.

Following behind the machete swinging guides, make you pause and think its just like watching an adventure on National Geography and I’m da star, its Tooooooo COOL

We only had a guide and translator when we got to the park, and any maps you can get is cool, not speaking the language, is not a real problem. On the way there and back we eat at a several places and that had pictures on their menu’s . Because beer is about eight dollars their money not ours its very special each place we ate they served if in champagne glasses.

The cool thing about a translator is, let them take you to one of the very small villages in the area and walk around there markets and shops, trust me you will have question to ask.and is almost as much fun.

Read all the logs or go blind as we did, its still an adventure of a life time

Speaking for Rick and myself

now no more hints from me no need to spoil YOUR ADVENTURE

Joe

Thanks! Based on feedback I got on the other thread, I did go ahead and hire a guide. I'm really looking forward to it!

Fernando has a topo map of the area on his GPS. It really helped us out. He gave me the link he got it from, but I lost it... It may have been http://www.gpsfiledepot.com, as someone posted above, but I can't remember.

BTW: The download site for the maps he used is: http://www.mogeo.com.br/mapas/

Specifically for the APE cache area - the Sudeste map.

Edited by Redfist