Geocache Wedding Invitations

skygred33

My boyfriend proposed to me using a Geocache. I want to keep the theme going so I thought it would be fun to send out wedding invitations with a Geocache theme. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Debbie

Congratulations!

You could include the GPS coordinates of the wedding location on the invitation!

My boyfriend proposed to me using a Geocache. I want to keep the theme going so I thought it would be fun to send out wedding invitations with a Geocache theme. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Debbie

Congratulations!

You could include the GPS coordinates of the wedding location on the invitation!

...and then sit by the phone to answer a hundred phone calls asking for the "regular" address... :)

I was thinking of placing a fake ring with a description of what Geocaching is and about our proposal then add a little invitation printed on map like paper with the coordinates of the wedding location but still include all the information on it. Not sure what kind of box to use to mail, plus what else should I include in the box. Most of the recipients don't even know what Geocaching is...this may just be a waste of time.

Congratulations!

Off the top of my head...

Make the invitation look like an ammo can with an "OFFICIAL GEOCACHE" sticker on it. Or a parody of an "OFFICIAL GEOCACHE" sticker on it (e.g., "OFFICIAL WEDDING INVITATION"). Or use an inner envelope that looks like an ammo can, with the invitation inside.

Make the RSVP card look like a log sheet.

Put the invitations in cache containers (large Bison-style tubes, beach safes, etc.) and mail those.

Specify the coordinates of the wedding location, as Mom-n-Andy suggested.

Print the wedding invitation in ROT13.

List an event for the wedding and/or for the reception. Or create a dummy event page, and use a printout of the dummy event page as the invitation.

Make the invitation look like a cache note: "Congratulations, you've found it! Intentionally or not!..."

think my wife would have killed me if I did anything with a geocache in the wedding process, minus getting a few on a honeymoon.

Course, some folks I would wonder if they would even turn off their FTF notifications during the ceremony.

However, since you are asking for ideas...you could make the location of the wedding a night cache and do it at night. Guests would have to follow fire tacks to find the area.

Edited by lamoracke

Congratulations!

Off the top of my head...

Make the invitation look like an ammo can with an "OFFICIAL GEOCACHE" sticker on it. Or a parody of an "OFFICIAL GEOCACHE" sticker on it (e.g., "OFFICIAL WEDDING INVITATION"). Or use an inner envelope that looks like an ammo can, with the invitation inside.

Put the invitations in cache containers (large Bison-style tubes, beach safes, etc.) and mail those.

List an event for the wedding and/or for the reception. Or create a dummy event page, and use a printout of the dummy event page as the invitation.

Make the invitation look like a cache note: "Congratulations, you've found it! Intentionally or not!..."

Thanks for the great tips

Thanks,

Debbie

Congratulations!

...and then sit by the phone to answer a hundred phone calls asking for the "regular" address... :)

I did say "include" not replace the street address with the coordinates.

Congratulations!

We are doing a small picnic type wedding and were going to have each family/group provide a keychain representing themselves, get some TB chains to slap on them and send them out in one big wedding cache, see where they go! I was wondering how to do some unique invitations that could be cache themed, and you.. you have just given me SO many ideas. Thank you!!