Getting notifications of new caches

TreasureAllens

Noob question.

I looked at the instructions for using the notifications function with premium membership. The instructions state to select "Publish Listing" in the Types of Logs drop down box to have new caches emailed to you for the area you select. However, this choice it not listed in the drop down box. What else should I select to include all types of caches?

Noob question.

I looked at the instructions for using the notifications function with premium membership. The instructions state to select "Publish Listing" in the Types of Logs drop down box to have new caches emailed to you for the area you select. However, this choice it not listed in the drop down box. What else should I select to include all types of caches?

Where are the instructions you're using? It sounds like they may be out-of-date. If you use the ones here, you should be able to get them set up.

Remember, you'll have to create separate notifications for different cache types.

Remember, you'll have to create separate notifications for different cache types.

I think this is exactly the issue. I found it a little confusing when I first set up notifications.

Same here, but I still think they're using old or incorrect instructions. They mentioned "The instructions state to select "Publish Listing" in the Types of Logs drop down box". There's no such log-type dropdown. They're checkboxes.

Where are the instructions you're using? It sounds like they may be out-of-date. If you use the ones here, you should be able to get them set up.

I think the directions are incorrect. Here is where I found the instructions:

<http://www.geocaching.com/about/premium.aspx#anchorNotify>

Thanks for the help.

It's the same page as was posted by The A-Team. (the word "here" in his post)

I think the directions are incorrect. Here is where I found the instructions:

<http://www.geocaching.com/about/premium.aspx#anchorNotify>

Thanks for the help.

Oh, in that case, the instructions are correct, but I think you just missed a step. When you create a new notification, you first have to choose a type of cache from the dropdown. Once you've done that, there will be a series of checkboxes for all the log types relevant to that cache type. Tick all the ones that you want to receive notifications for. If all you want is to be notified of new caches, just tick "Publish Listing". Again, if you want to receive new cache notifications for different cache types, you'll have to repeat the process for each cache type.