html format downloads

TeamSolbakken

just having bought a garmin 62s i wonder why the cache descriptions downloaded from geocaching.com is in html format while GSAK downloads is presented in plain text?

You're saying that when you load caches from the website, you see HTML code on your GPSr, but when you load through GSAK, you don't? There's an old topic here discussing exactly this issue. The only time it will load the description with HTML code will be if you use the "Send to My GPS" button on cache pages. If you use GSAK, a pocket query GPX, or just use the "GPX file" button on the cache page, it will strip out any HTML code.

just having bought a garmin 62s i wonder why the cache descriptions downloaded from geocaching.com is in html format while GSAK downloads is presented in plain text?

You're saying that when you load caches from the website, you see HTML code on your GPSr, but when you load through GSAK, you don't? There's an old topic here discussing exactly this issue. The only time it will load the description with HTML code will be if you use the "Send to My GPS" button on cache pages. If you use GSAK, a pocket query GPX, or just use the "GPX file" button on the cache page, it will strip out any HTML code.