Cruising out of Miami April 21, 2012

Finn

Been caching for 6 years and I think this is my first post here... We are crusing out of Miami on April 21, and are looking to see if anyone out there is going to be on our ship. I have several caches in the ports watchlisted, and it appears an awful lot of folks are cahing, but don't know they are on the ships together.

Hoping to hear from some fellow caching cruisers, maybe even plan a Bon Voyage flash mob or something.

Cheers.

Been caching for 6 years and I think this is my first post here... We are crusing out of Miami on April 21, and are looking to see if anyone out there is going to be on our ship. I have several caches in the ports watchlisted, and it appears an awful lot of folks are cahing, but don't know they are on the ships together.

Hoping to hear from some fellow caching cruisers, maybe even plan a Bon Voyage flash mob or something.

Cheers.

Could you post a note on a cache near the port, and provide your itinerary? Or maybe drop a private message to the cache owner, and have them post the note?

Cheers.

You could create an event and have everyone meet top-side after the life boat drill..

(Just found this post when googling "geocaching cruising.")

We are sailing out of San Juan a week later and have found several cachers on the roll call at Cruise Critic. Go to cruisecritic.com, set up a login, and then find the roll call for your sailing: Search something like "Golden Princess roll call" and then look for your specific date. Once there, there's an option to "Search this thread," and if you put in "geocach" you may find that some have already identified themselves as cachers. If not, just chime in with the question. (In three cruises, this is the first time any other cachers have turned up on the roll call, but this time I found three other couples plus several who are interested in meeting us to learn about it. We'll be meeting onboard the day we board.)

Good luck!

We are sailing out of San Juan a week later and have found several cachers on the roll call at Cruise Critic. Go to cruisecritic.com, set up a login, and then find the roll call for your sailing: Search something like "Golden Princess roll call" and then look for your specific date. Once there, there's an option to "Search this thread," and if you put in "geocach" you may find that some have already identified themselves as cachers. If not, just chime in with the question. (In three cruises, this is the first time any other cachers have turned up on the roll call, but this time I found three other couples plus several who are interested in meeting us to learn about it. We'll be meeting onboard the day we board.)

Good luck!

Thanks Pocahontas- I did join cruise critic back in Jamuary :) I have found cachers for my Alaskan cruise in September, but no one yet for the April trip. Will have a ball regardless!! :) Thanks!

Cheers.

You could create an event and have everyone meet top-side after the life boat drill..

:) I was thinking about that, but not sure exactly what coords to use...? I haven't cruised out of Miami before...I know what terminal we are at....but not sure what to do about the coords of the ship.

When do they normally do the life boat drills? Cruise departs at 4pm....

Thanks!!

When I cruised out of Miami, there were five ships all leaving around the same time. It takes a while to get all of those big boys to sea, so the life boat drills are done before you start moving.

Probably the best way to find other cachers is to just wear the Groundspeak shirt or hat, or just walk around with a GPS. We all recognize each other that way. :)

When I cruised out of Miami, there were five ships all leaving around the same time. It takes a while to get all of those big boys to sea, so the life boat drills are done before you start moving.

Probably the best way to find other cachers is to just wear the Groundspeak shirt or hat, or just walk around with a GPS. We all recognize each other that way. :)

Yeah, we kind of stick out like sore thumbs...Might wear a Geowoodstock shirt or something. I do know I have to find a cache that day, as April 21 is one of the only days left in the year that I haven't found a cache on. Hoping to be able to grab one close to our hotel that morning, and maybe the Miami Freedom Tower en route to the port :)

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions :) Would be really cool to do an event on boardmind you....

Yeah, we kind of stick out like sore thumbs...Might wear a Geowoodstock shirt or something. I do know I have to find a cache that day, as April 21 is one of the only days left in the year that I haven't found a cache on. Hoping to be able to grab one close to our hotel that morning, and maybe the Miami Freedom Tower en route to the port :)

Wow, that would drive me crazy knowing I had to get that day while traveling. Don't want one "unfound" staring back at you for a whole year! I just completed my calendar, and had a few LPCs in reserve, just in case. But, you should have plenty of time to find a cache. Good luck!

Cheers.

Edited by queenvic71

Good luck!

Thanks Pocahontas- I did join cruise critic back in Jamuary :) I have found cachers for my Alaskan cruise in September, but no one yet for the April trip. Will have a ball regardless!! :) Thanks!

Very cool. I'll be on an Alaska cruise out of Seattle the first of September also. I never thought of fellow geocachers being on the same boat but I'm sure there will be some. I have already laid out my plans to find at least one cache in each location. Really looking forward to it.

There's a group of geocachers who have been organizing cruises for a while now.

Here's some upcoming cruises:

S. Caribbean http://www.vacations...om/rw/view/1435

Alaska http://www.vacations...om/rw/view/1749

Bermuda http://www.vacations...om/rw/view/1819

There's other cruises already in the works also. There's also facebook groups for geocaching cruises.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bermuda-Alaska-2013s-Geocaching-Cruise-Adventures/198492816880339

Edited by DavetecsGirl

Good luck!

Very cool. I'll be on an Alaska cruise out of Seattle the first of September also. I never thought of fellow geocachers being on the same boat but I'm sure there will be some. I have already laid out my plans to find at least one cache in each location. Really looking forward to it.

We discovered that there would be another caching couple on our Alaskan cruise last year when they posted a 'will not attend' note to an event in Ketchikan that was the day before our arrival. I started a thread on cruisecritic's roll call and found a second couple was on our ship, but we never bumped into them.

We also ran into some cachers sailing on another ship that was docked there at the nearest cache. We're everywhere. :)