February Photo Competition - Traveller's Tales

Thanks, Little-legs for choosing my photo, and alerting Mrs F to her picture being on the interwebz :D

There was a recent post on the GAGB facebook page about people not taking pictures of trackables, having just released a few ourselves we know it would be great to see where they go, what adventures they have. So, I figured I'd take this opportunity to get everyone taking those snaps, best photo with a trackable in it wins :)

You have until the 29th of Feb 2012 to upload your best shot.

so get snapping , give us all a laugh , will it be one of your team sliding down a bank on their bum or you planking a trig-point ?

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload it to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, view your log (not the cache page) click & display the photo, then copy the URL to provide a link. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Edited by The Frosties!

I'll get things going with two photos that I think will be easily beaten.

Only the second geocoin I ever found, and still one of my favourites, was a micro compass rose attached to an owl. I gave it to a friend to take to Norway. Unfortunately it went missing soon after.

4616c712-acf2-4075-9240-4087ef17038c.jpg

Much more recently, I rescued a travel tag that was missing its attachment. Apparently there used to be a butterfly, but the best I could do was a car with a little butterfly sticker (raided from the kids' craft kit) on the bonnet.

0552ceaa-ffa4-4a79-bb66-9bb584e3e7fa.jpg?rnd=0.2739788

Here's a little fellow visiting his friends in the back of my car .....

bc4e462f-a1d2-41ab-a301-0c9c2b312fce.jpg

The one on the left looking at his GPS was given to me by Alba15 - our scottish reviewer.

And the one in the middle singing his little heart out was given to me by the wonderful MrsB.

Edited by Smurf

I nearly bought one of those thinking it would make a fun traveller, factory shop counter, everyone in the queue stared in disgust, then tried them themselves, they all made the same noise though, pigs, cats, dogs!

9394771b-6abc-436c-a383-5866f872b2a1.jpg

I got quite attached to jumbo and didn't want to let him go, buddha misses his friend, now he seems to be stuck (or missing :unsure: )

edit:sp

Edited by The Real Boudica.

Winnie should try and visit my cache Pooh Corner. They have a certain "similarity".

c415eb0d-3d06-4082-b7be-2aa77904d1b6.jpg

We moved the legendary cider jug TBJB7E and renovated it's mission tag. There wasn't any cider in the house for the photo, but there was some quality beer :D

9d15a917-9958-4910-afad-fed7ee5da7d0.jpg

The three little pigs TB3EX9H were at the Mega in Perth (although they are called "scottie" for some strange reason. We took them to the highlands on our caravan holiday afterwards.

This was included in our log for The Gingerbread Man 'Gingy

aa06f3fb-770d-479c-a4c7-1501f2dafc3a.jpg

Gingy meets "Camo-man"

The owners included a recipe for gingerbread men and encouraged finders to post pictures of 'Gingy' with a home made creation. Izzy (not being the greatest of bakers ) decided to decorate some shop bought gingerbread men with icing whilst The Lizard King decided on some "digital baking" ;)

Our log

This is a picture of the Celtic Cross of the Dark Ages geocoin which had a mission to visit castles before travelling to Ireland. I took it to 3 local castles; Warblington, Southsea and this one at Portchester where I got quite a nice shot over the water, with Portchester Castle in the distance.

VaJ8X.jpg

I finally left it in the appropriately named Earth Air Fire and Water as the four points of the Celtic Cross are sometimes taken to represent those ancient elements.

Work wanted me somewhere, but not until later...

Could I drive slow, or take a long lunch?

With an opportunity to try for a cache or two, how could I say 'No'?

Managed three caches, one with this TB/coin in.

bf4e0f05-d62a-431b-be0f-ad6d50e368a0.jpg

Worth The Walk #8

Well worth the walk, and the others in the series are on the 'To Do' list, if I'm in the area again.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I no longer move TBs. Too much hassle. So here is an awesome image from early on in GC career. The cache is Ling Along with Lucky an island in Windermere, the lake's southern basin. In the photo you can see amongst the trees, some mugglets, waving. The TB is Ente. This was my second attempt to get on Ling Holme island. Eventually returned in August, successfully

100ba113-e3ff-44fc-b0a2-59588fa4af05.jpg

Looking north up Windermere past Ling Holme island. Visitors to Mega 2012 will be able to check this out.

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

Just a quickie question... Can I submit a photo someone else has taken (which they might say have uploaded to one of my caches?). Or a photo of me, say, taken by someone else... The rules don't specifically say the photo must be "taken by you", but I would just like to check before I submit one which may not qualify... a recent entry has me a little confuddled :) and I've always found it's best to ask the question in these situations rather than assume anything!

Please forgive me if you feel it is a silly question.

Sorry I'm a couple of days late with this. Some great pictures, and nice to see that people do actually make the effort to catalogue traveler's journeys

Pretty hard to chose, The story dodgydaved shared is great, Mrs B's eyore is a funky traveller, but it came dow to, for me, Simplypaul and his Austin healey (because an uncle of mine had one) and cachabit's sweatpea, and cachabit just takes the prize as I guess it about sums up caching.

So..over to you :)

Winner!

fc52692b-b5d5-4b24-90f7-7be473a88f2d.jpg