Geocheck.org

GEO-BREIN

Blijkbaar ligt de site van Geocheck.org volledig plat.angry.gif

Kan iemand me dit bevestigen?

Ik kreeg een mailtje van een geocacher die een oplossing wou checken van een cache van me, maar die kreeg volgende melding:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Phusion_Passenger/3.0.9 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at geocheck.org Port 80

Dan ben ik zelf maar eens gaan checken ... en ja hoor ... krijg dezelfde melding.

Heeft er nog al iemand dit voorgehad met die site? Moet ik nu naar een andere zoeken of even afwachten?

Graag enige respons aub ;)

Inderdaad.

Ik heb alles nog eens aangepast met een derde checker en die blijkt stand te houden.

Certitude Checker

Het volgende is nog een antwoord van GeoCheck:

Server outage

Unfortunately, GeoCheck has become so popular, my service provider shutdown the site due to inappropriate CPU/RAM usage. I am working hard to restore service ASAP.

A status update:

A generous offer by the Danish geocaching community seemed promising: They had a server they did not use any longer, which they offered me. Unfortunately, this server has no gettext functionality, which is used throughout GeoCheck to translate the site and have no plans to implement gettext globally.

I am enquiring whether Coolhandle (the service provider of the new server) can upgrade the server to a solution allowing custom php builds.

I am also enquiring as to the price of upgrading my package with the old service provider; Site5, who are also preparing a backup file to allow me to transfer GeoCheck to a service provider of my choice.

Ultimately, a new server of my own would be desireable, however I only have 1 mbit upload with my current ISP, and no experience at all setting up a custom server. Thus, the latter solution is not suitable for the current crisis.

I hope to restore the service as soon as possible, and apologize for the outage!

Geogroeten,

RHCV