Waypoints won't download from EasyGPS

freestyle_freddy

I've been trying for several months to download waypoints from Geocaching.com to EasyGPS. I've worked with EasyGPS tech support & he says my downloads are good, but they always show up blank, just 82 bytes of empty spreadsheet. I've uninstalled & reinstalled EasyGPS several times & agreed to the liscense agreement many times. I've tried everything the EasyGPS manual & tech support suggests, but nothing works. My browser is MSN Explorer. I'm getting desperate.

Any ideas or suggestions???

What do you mean "just 82 bytes of empty spreadsheet"?

Lessee.. First you click the checkbox next to several caches, then you click the icon "Download to EasyGPS". Save the file to your hard drive somewhere. How big is the file when you view Properties on it?

Now open EasyGPS, select File>>Open and select the downloaded file. What happens?

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

I don't understand what you mean "columns and headings"... I just downloaded a file and it started with...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><loc version="1.0" src="EasyGPS">

... then went right into the caches. What "columns and headings" do you see?

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

Have you tried just opening the file from current location instead of downloading (saving) it?

If I recall correctly you'll have to select "Open" twice, each time it has a different filename.

Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk.

here is a suggestion I made to an earlier post with a similar problem. I would have 'Markwelled'it if I knew how.

posted March 03, 2003 11:27 AM

I was having a similar problem, after having used easyGPS succesfully for some time. I found that one of the windows on the form had collapsed. There should be three horizontal sections with the waypoints loading into the top one. If you see 'bearing' or 'number of legs' in the top line then the waypoint section has been 'squashed flat'. If you move the cursor into the line above the top header and see an up and down arrow, click and drag down the line and the waypoints should be there.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have all 3 windows there. The top window , where the waypoints are supposed to be is always blank (no waypoints) & regardless of how many waypoints I download at a time the file size is the same, 82 bytes. Is it possible my Msn8 download manager is not picking up the waypoints? I'm no expert on the downloading process so I'm just grasping at straws here.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!! I solved my problem after 2 months of frustration. It turns out the problem is with Msn8 software that interfaces with Internet Explorer. When I bypass Msn8 software & go direct through Internet Explorer the file downloads properly & I get my waypoints.

I'm curious if anyone else has this kind of problem with Msn8 as their service provider?

Well to be quite frank ...I'm new to geocaching only since December..I've had several problems trying to download Easy GPS waypoints also..now i kinda understand it a little better reading your forums here..I use Everyone's Internet out of Houston,Texas ..And i'm sure also this is where my problems come in.I will try tomorrow and download under Interenet Explorer and see what happens..But will first reload Easy GPs back into my computer.Ive also tryed to reinstall it--though maybe something was wrong with program itself...Thanks Guys

GAYELYNN--INDIANPOINT

Wish I had read this thread earlier, but yes, I have had the same problem. I posted a thread on it when MSN8 first came out. Yes, minimizing MSN8 and using IE is the way I am doing it also. MSN8 just seems to filter out the data thinking it may be some sort of problem.

4497_300.jpg

"See the wonderous works of Providence! The uncertainty of human things!" Geo.Washington