By Your Command

rsfish1

I have not really been able to cache for almost 2 years. But now since I got my right leg back working I plan on doing more caching. I still can't do any hiking, but there are plenty of micros to be found in the city. I already have 3 caches scouted out for Wednesday. You only get this chance once every 4 years to do this. Got to take advantage of it!

More than 70,000 geocachers from around the world celebrated Leap Day by stepping outside for a GPS-powered treasure hunt. Their motivation was an opportunity that comes once every four years — going geocaching on February 29. They joined friends and family to explore the world around them, exercise, and earn a digital reward. The Leap Day goal was ambitious. Geocachers rallied to double the number of accounts – 36,696 – that logged geocaches last Leap Day in 2008.

Here are the latest numbers:

Current Accounts w/Logged Caches: 77,225!*

GOAL: 73,392

Updated: 2:55 pm PST – March 1, 2012

*The total will continue to rise slightly

I will check Geocaching.com blog tomorrow to see what the number is and use that as the official number for this contest. Looks like the number is up to 79,472. This officially makes Leap Day 2012 the biggest single day in geocaching history. Wow! It was almost 70 degrees here in Indy that day and sunshine. It was fun grabbing 3 caches on the way home from the docs.

I was hoping that there would be an update with a final total, but no new numbers were posted. I am declaring anne.and.eli the winner with a guess of 79,543. The last number posted by Groundspeak was 79,472. That is a heck of a guess at only 72 off.

So Ann.and.eli, please send me your address through my profile and I will get a coin sent out to you.

Second place goes to SgtMikal with a guess of 80,088. I figured the real number is higher so it could be right around your guess. Send me your address through my profile and I will send out another finish of the coin to you.

And just to give out another geocoin the random number generator popped out post #49. So Queztal234 send me your address through my profile and I will get a coin out to you also.

Thanks for playing everyone!

I was hoping that there would be an update with a final total, but no new numbers were posted. I am declaring anne.and.eli the winner with a guess of 79,543. The last number posted by Groundspeak was 79,472. That is a heck of a guess at only 72 off.

So Ann.and.eli, please send me your address through my profile and I will get a coin sent out to you.

Second place goes to SgtMikal with a guess of 80,088. I figured the real number is higher so it could be right around your guess. Send me your address through my profile and I will send out another finish of the coin to you.

And just to give out another geocoin the random number generator popped out post #49. So Queztal234 send me your address through my profile and I will get a coin out to you also.

Thanks for playing everyone!

Email has been sent. Thank you sooooooo much for your generosity! I really appreciate it.

And congratulations on your return to active caching!