Multi-caching on Android smart phone

msoregon91

Looking for some advice....I haven't seen any current discussions on this topic so am posting this issue hoping for some guidance.

I'm seeking a solution for entering multi-cache coordinates in the field into my smart phone & being able to navigate to them based on my current position.

I'm a premium member using PQs downloaded to my phone into the free Geohunter app. This works great for finding single caches, but not so well (at all) for entering multi-stage coordinates.

When I started caching about 7 months ago, my research directed me to using free apps (GeoBeagle then GeoHunter) instead of paying $9.99 for the Geocaching app. I've been doing pretty well with my Android smart phone and this setup.

BUT....it's not so good at multi-caches where I would need to input coordinates to find anything beyond stage 1.

So...does anyone have recommendations for a remedy? Is there a (free or cheap) mobile-friendly website or app you'd recommend for getting accurate directions for coordinates? I've found maps that will pinpoint the coordinate, but not integrate where I'm at in relation to it, like my Geohunter app does with my PQs.

Before considering a dedicated GPS unit, I'm looking for advice on how to get my smart phone to work better for the multi-caches.

Thanks!

msoregon91

Creedmoor, NC

c:geo does do this, for free. I like the c:geo app very well, it has the ability to add as many waypoints as you want, with custom names, it can also do projections on the fly (watch your settings, make sure you know what units you are using). I have found this app to be one of the most functional setups out there, even among other paid apps. Give it a try, you don't like then uninstall it. It won't cost you anything but a little time.

Edited by Arndtwe

We've just discovered these forums- they are a wonderful resource for newish cachers and those of us who are finding geocaching is dragging us into the digital world. This one has just answered our query, thank you very much. We love you savvy users, especially when you can describe the solution in simple language