NEW COIN: WolfPack

AtlantaGal

Wait until when? Seriously. There are no wolf geocoins for sale anywhere. I don't get it. Wolves are know as hunters and communal animals. We have a frog for a mascot. It leaves its young to fend for themselves (frequently eating them) and rarely travels anywhere. Which better fits a cacher yet so few wolves have been featured on geocoins and those are gone and can't be had by newcomers.

I was so looking forward to this coin.

Wait until when? Seriously.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just as frustrated as you are because I was told when they would be for sale, and that never happened. My only suggestion is to email them and ask. Perhaps they would be more forthcoming with their customers.

Glad a glow is for sale, I like that one!

Do tell them that it is not the alpha male and the beta female, but rather the alpha male and female.

Info at http://www.wolfweb.com/facts-pack.html or a gazillion other places...

There's not a glow for sale. The antique silver uses pearl inks. The two tone is glitter & translucent.

ooooh pearl inks, even better and I know you said that above somewhere... so thanks for repeating for me! :ph34r:

:unsure: Grabbed 2 Black Nickel the first day available. I wish I'd been able to get one of your artist proofs but I did get your coins. One for my own the other for a future trade if I have too or I may just drop off High in the Mountains. I just have not decided until the Pack is in hands.

Thanks AtlantaGal... for the chance to grab one.

PS... Just across the river from me I use to watch an old Silver come and lay under a cedar tree for many years, then one day he never return as he may have met his Maker and move to better Hunting grounds. I knew he was there and he knew I was watching. My only wish was to get off my backside and take his picture, instead I would just watch & smile. :rolleyes:

Nice coin. Wish I could have gotten one of each. This will be the only time I ever order anything from geoswag. By the time I got a CC into my paypal account (which geoswag required and I have not had to have in my paypal account for more than 5 years) and got it verified, one of the two coins were not available. What a totally unfriendly checkout process. Never again, no matter what coin they have.

Nice coin. Wish I could have gotten one of each. This will be the only time I ever order anything from geoswag. By the time I got a CC into my paypal account (which geoswag required and I have not had to have in my paypal account for more than 5 years) and got it verified, one of the two coins were not available. What a totally unfriendly checkout process. Never again, no matter what coin they have.

That coin version took about 12 hours to sell out. So you had plenty of time.

Except for the fact I didn't have my credit card at work when it was released. I had an errand to run after work and then soccer practice with the GD. So, by the time I got to the point I could put a CC into my paypal account, it was gone.

In 5 years, I have never needed a CC in my paypal account. Its always been fine with just the bank account link. Until I tried to buy something from geoswag which refused to allow me to checkout unless I put one in (requiring both CC and bank account link). Just plain stupid. I have used paypal to purchase from many vendors on and off ebay and never had a problem. That is my gripe, not that the coin sold out. That happens. Had it not required a CC in my paypal I would have had both coins.

:blink: OK, I'll ask the question everyone is mostly likely wondering.

Why would you leave your CC at home?

Could you not have called home and asked someone to give you the needed information?

Remember, just wondering these unique Questions that popped into my feeble little mind, I'm just a messenger not a judge nor the jury.

Then you could across one of the coins someday in a Cache or someone just may throw one onto E-bay.

Good luck on your Quest for the possible discovery of this Coin. :unsure:

I really wanted the gold version, but the geoswag site was giving me trouble :(

What a shame the gold one was sold out now that I got it to work. I bought the silver one now, anyway.

First geocoin I bought for my collection, by the way. I love the design.

Edited by Kochibu

Could you not have called home and asked someone to give you the needed information?

Remember, just wondering these unique Questions that popped into my feeble little mind, I'm just a messenger not a judge nor the jury.

Then you could across one of the coins someday in a Cache or someone just may throw one onto E-bay.

I don't carry my debit card around. Never have. I am a cash sorta guy.

There was nobody home and even later as the kids got home, wouldn't have helped, they do not know the combo to the safe where I keep it (have guns locked away there).

Nobody is going to drop these rare wolf coins unactivated in a cache. As much as I want one, if I find one in a cache, I wont be a coin thief. I don't play like that.

I ordered 2 of the sparkle ones but favored the monotone one better and it looked like a glow (moon) but I missed it. Just the way it goes.

I don't carry my debit card around. Never have. I am a cash sorta guy.

There was nobody home and even later as the kids got home, wouldn't have helped, they do not know the combo to the safe where I keep it (have guns locked away there).

Nobody is going to drop these rare wolf coins unactivated in a cache. As much as I want one, if I find one in a cache, I wont be a coin thief. I don't play like that.

I ordered 2 of the sparkle ones but favored the monotone one better and it looked like a glow (moon) but I missed it. Just the way it goes.

Try for a trade in the Trading thread pinned at the top of the Geocoin forums. You just don't know your luck...

Alas, most of those hours I was asleep! Email came after I went to bed and late rising, no complaints, I appreciate it will never be the right time for everyone.

That's what I loved about making a coin a few years back, I was able to ask the vendor to put it on sale at a decent hour for Europeans :laughing:

This week I got the AE version and - wow, that is such a great coin. For sure one of my favorite coins in my collection! Now I am patiently waiting for the 2tone that I ordered right after AtlantaGal said there are only a few left :D

Is this coin still available somewhere? I just stumbled onto this thread and am interested in purchasing one of each style. Please advise.

No, the two original versions are now sold out. I'm told there will be other versions made. I submitted two new ones, but don't know if they'll be used or not.

Is this coin still available somewhere? I just stumbled onto this thread and am interested in purchasing one of each style. Please advise.

No, the two original versions are now sold out. I'm told there will be other versions made. I submitted two new ones, but don't know if they'll be used or not.

That's a shame. They really are very beautiful. Is there a mailing list I can get on to be notified of future releases of this or other styles? I've only been geocaching for a month or so, so I haven't learned all the good places to check out yet. :) Thanks!

That's a shame. They really are very beautiful. Is there a mailing list I can get on to be notified of future releases of this or other styles? I've only been geocaching for a month or so, so I haven't learned all the good places to check out yet. :) Thanks!

Yes, if you go to geoswag.com and scroll to the bottom of the page, there should be a form field where you can sign up for their newsletter. Usually they send it just after the coins are put up for sale. So you kind of have to act on it quickly.

There is one of the two-tone coins on the eplace right now!

There is one of the two-tone coins on the eplace right now!

Eplace?

eplace = eBay

Eplace is what they called eBay here on the forums a number of years ago because the term 'eBay' was banned. But that ban ended 3 or 4 years ago - so you can just use the term eBay now. :)

Might want to pay attention to Geoswag's new offerings next week. There should be another version of this coin in their newsletter.

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is the new glowtastic version that I have been hearing about. :D

It is and it's up! B)