Geocaching.com Privacy Statement?

Mike & Stef

Does geocaching.com have a privacy statement?

If so, where is it?

If not, will there be one?

My dad is interested in becoming a geocaching.com member. He even bought his GPS unit through a geocaching advertiser. However, he is concerned that his email address will be passed on to spammers.

Thanks bunches.

I can't officially speak for Geocaching.com, since I'm not, but I can say that I've been an active member with the same e-mail address since May 29, 2001, and I have not received one spam on that address. (I use different addresses different places so I can track spam.)

Privacy statements are nice (when the company follows them), but several years of uninterrupted honest and upstanding service is worth quite a bit more in my book.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

Privacy statements change at the discression of the company posting them. In other words. at will and you can have your email put on a spam list due to a change. After all if they change a policy do you get to 'take back' your email address?.

Geocaching.com can do the same. You have to look at real world performance. The Snazz post covers it.

Wherever you go there you are.