Can't download caches on new laptop

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and I am unable to use "send to gps" to download my caches. I am using Firefox as the browser and have installed the plugin several times. The first time I try to send to gps it will give me a check mark for the first two things and then on the third it gives me the red circle saying that the device timed out. Then if I try again it wont even be able to connect to the device at all. I am using a Delome PN-40. I just tried downloading caches on my old Windows Vista desktop and it worked fine so obviously it is not a problem with the device. Any suggestions on what to do here? Part of the reason for getting the laptop was for more portability in geocaching...

Since you're paying a fee to be a PM, get your money's worth. Use PQ's, and you should have no problems.

Later!

I hate using PQ's, seems like more work to do just one simple task. I'd rather be able to just look at a map of the area I'm going to and pick the caches I want to get instead of some vague set of commands that end up giving me a whole bunch of caches that I have no interest in, plus running a PQ takes a whole ton more work than just clicking the simple "send to gps"

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and I am unable to use "send to gps" to download my caches. I am using Firefox as the browser and have installed the plugin several times. The first time I try to send to gps it will give me a check mark for the first two things and then on the third it gives me the red circle saying that the device timed out. Then if I try again it wont even be able to connect to the device at all. I am using a Delome PN-40. I just tried downloading caches on my old Windows Vista desktop and it worked fine so obviously it is not a problem with the device. Any suggestions on what to do here? Part of the reason for getting the laptop was for more portability in geocaching...

Did you bring this up with Delorme? They are responsible for the plugin code, not GS.