Is there a timeline of future enhancements?

rlovvo

I've only been active for a month, and have read a lot of posts of enhancements, additions and changes in the works.

Is there a place where we can see what is planned, and the guestimate time of each?

Thanks!

The slower I am, the more I have to find [:P]

TLL,

Um.. no. Basically the best way to figure it out is to read the rare posts from Jeremy or Elias, and try to deduce what they are working on.

This site requires untold amount of maintenance, and oftentimes that little stuff holds back the big features from being implemented, even when word is that new features are being worked on.

When something big is going to happen, there's usually more than just a couple of hints dropped, but it's little indication of when the feature will be introduced.

Jamie

We're mostly working with our current load issues on the site, which you can easily see on Mondays and Tuesdays (and Sundays and Saturdays and...). So no new features in the near future until we can resolve these issues.

If we were a large shop we could have deadlines and ideas of new features, but I'll be honest and say that they are "seat of the pants" feature enhancements most of the time. Sometimes it is the loudest feature roar that gets our attention, or the most mundane of needs (like traffic increases) that keep our attention.

We also dabble in a bit of this and that to see what the NBT is on the site. These we do not share. We would rather suprise and delight you instead of shout out a bunch of (potentially) empty promises.

I am, however, considering creating a change page so you know what we have enhanced on the site (or removed), so you know what is going on. Sadly, the ratio to time/documentation is poor. But I'll try.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location