Please! Please! No more!

MrsB, if you smack him upside the snout, I will not report you. (I will probably applaud you.)

I already have applauded her. Can you imagine what this forum would be like if everybody bumped every ancient thread that had something to do with their pet peeve?

I think it would be pretty cool! B)

It would be similar to all 5 million cachers entering the forums and posting comments on nearly every topic - morning, noon, and night around the clock. :D

I would just like to take the time to thank Snoogans for the inspiration.

Snoogans is not a jerk, so I expect he will not be particularly pleased to be thanked. I am astonished that you were not given a mandatory vacation from the forums for your behavior.

You have, however, lost what credibility you had with me on these forums, so congrats on that.

Coming from the nuclear physicist that frequently enters the forums in the middle of the night with angry posts about trivial things? :lol:

There were only 12 topics, which was much less than Snoogan's bump day of a full page. It astounds me that a certain cache has not been archived, despite being hidden among live wires, and that there would be more concern about doing a little scrolling, rather than about similar caches which would certainly make the entire sport look bad if they made the news..

astounds me that a certain cache has not been archived, despite being hidden among live wires,

So have you contacted the property owner of this dangerous cache so they can contact Goundspeak and have the listing removed for lack of proper permission?

Have you contacted the local code enforcement agency and pointed out the dangerous situation this cache represents so they can get this hazard isolated from the public?

Annoying world-wide assortment forum readers who can do nothing to remedy the situation in your local area seems rather counter-productive.

astounds me that a certain cache has not been archived, despite being hidden among live wires,

So have you contacted the property owner of this dangerous cache so they can contact Goundspeak and have the listing removed for lack of proper permission?

Have you contacted the local code enforcement agency and pointed out the dangerous situation this cache represents so they can get this hazard isolated from the public?

Annoying world-wide assortment forum readers who can do nothing to remedy the situation in your local area seems rather counter-productive.

Its in Canada.

If the property owner is made aware of it, they will not be very happy. Any official that finds out may want to create excessive regulations regarding caches.

I contacted a lackey about it with no response, as I suspect there are plenty like it. I would armchair NA it, but I only do that for german caches. :P

Perhaps I could call the local police with an untraceable service such as Skype, and mention suspicious packages in public places among wires? :ph34r:

Its in Canada.

If the property owner is made aware of it, they will not be very happy. Any official that finds out may want to create excessive regulations regarding caches.

I contacted a lackey about it with no response, as I suspect there are plenty like it. I would armchair NA it, but I only do that for german caches. :P

Perhaps I could call the local police with an untraceable service such as Skype, and mention suspicious packages in public places among wires? :ph34r:

Or you could just drop it, not find any LPC or electrical box caches, and leave the rest of us to find the dangerous caches.

Edited by TheLoneGrangers

While it has been made rather clear by both Keystone and Sandy (and maybe others) that Groundspeak does not have a policy regarding safety, there is a reviewer overseas who has a recent history of disabling caches for safety concerns. Perhaps you should forward the information about this cache to them.

Snoogans is not a jerk, so I expect he will not be particularly pleased to be thanked. I am astonished that you were not given a mandatory vacation from the forums for your behavior.

You have, however, lost what credibility you had with me on these forums, so congrats on that.

:rolleyes:

While it has been made rather clear by both Keystone and Sandy (and maybe others) that Groundspeak does not have a policy regarding safety, there is a reviewer overseas who has a recent history of disabling caches for safety concerns. Perhaps you should forward the information about this cache to them.

Alternatively, one could report that reviewer to tptb so he can be brought in line with GS policy.

Coming from the nuclear physicist that frequently enters the forums in the middle of the night with angry posts about trivial things? :lol:

There were only 12 topics, which was much less than Snoogan's bump day of a full page. It astounds me that a certain cache has not been archived, despite being hidden among live wires, and that there would be more concern about doing a little scrolling, rather than about similar caches which would certainly make the entire sport look bad if they made the news..

IF... has not happened. Current mindset of TPTB is to cross that bridge when they come to it. So be it. It is their ship to steer.

#1 Question I have is, have you personally been to the cache you are crusading to have archived? :huh:

It's no secret that I do the safety dance for a living now, but in the geocaching context, the only thing I think we need more of is awareness and personal accountability.

I am most certainly not in favor of witch hunts and crusades to get caches archived that I haven't personally experienced to see for myself if they are outside of guidelines.

Notice I am absent from the electrical box safety discussions. I have a an EB cache on my favorites list in Ely, Nevada. It was obviously very safe.

I don't feel qualified to discuss electrical safety beyond the occupational standards that I follow on the job.

I have enough electrical safety awareness to know that I would never hide a cache near live electrical equipment and I certainly have and will pass on any caches hidden near/on them.

Rather than create bad blood on a crusade, it would be far more effective to educate folks where not to hide, or failing that, hunt for caches. No harm/no foul.

Thanks to Fizzy for the vote of confidence. I need to print that out and show it to my wife from time to time. :anibad:

As for the inspiration to mass thread bump, I only do that once or twice a year in the OT forum only. I follow specific rules for Snoogans' thread bump day too. One year it got out of hand and some folks I inspired bumped a bunch of my threads all over the website. It was funny, but unintentional. :laughing:

Edited by Snoogans

Other forums on the internet simply pin their reoccurring topics. But these forums aren't like the other forums on the internet.

...or alternately there's a pinned thread that contains a list of "dead horses": topics that incite division and never contain any new viewpoints or are unresolvable. Basically any thread that follows the "I believe in X and if you believe in Y you are wrong" and the inverse viewpoint. All new posts on these subject are sent to a view-only forum graveyard (or gas chamber) where they are allowed to die in peace.

Edited by Castle Mischief