Uploading 62s field notes

budbon

I'm new to the uploading of field notes. When I try to find the file "geocache_visits.txt" as directed in the upload field notes page that file is not there. Again, the "geocache_visits.txt" file does not seem to be in the directory. I am trying to upload the "found" files. Help!

I'm new to the uploading of field notes. When I try to find the file "geocache_visits.txt" as directed in the upload field notes page that file is not there. Again, the "geocache_visits.txt" file does not seem to be in the directory. I am trying to upload the "found" files. Help!

Are you looking in the Garmin folder, or just at the drive? When you plug in your GPS, it will show up as a new drive on your computer (like E:, F:, G:, it will vary). Open this up, and there's a folder called "Garmin". The file should be in there.

Silly question, but I'll ask it in the interest of making sure we have all the facts: Have you logged any caches on the GPS (Found, DNF, Needs Maintenance, etc.)? I assume because you're asking about this that you have, but I just want to make sure.

Can you list what files you do see in the Garmin folder?

Hi,

So, what files do you see in the 'garmin' folder? IF you have an SD card installed be careful you are not looking at the other drive created by the SD card.

On my PC under My Computer I have a G: drive labelled Garmin GSMAP62s, under that is the garmin folder where you will find the txt file you are looking for.

If you are looking in the SD link the folder is GARMIN rather than garmin. Subtle but it's a different location.