Canada Topo Maps

A "Lowrance Evangelist", hmmm, yea, I guess so. I really should have chosen Endura Lady, but I didn't want to be confused with "Endura Expert", who was an employee of Lowrance and a certified expert, which I would never claim to be. I have had an Endura since they were put out and have experienced many of the issues that other Endura owners have had. But I stuck it out because I liked their technology and customer support is excellent.

On to the topic...This topic came up in August and I replied...

There are no Canadian Maps available for the Enduras at this time, however Lowrance is actively working with a mapping vendor for Endura compatible Canada mapping cards. More info to come as these are closer to shipping.

Today, I emailed my contacts at Lowrance, and will post an answer as soon as I hear from them.

Penny

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to keep the facts on Endura correct.

...I didn't want to be confused with "Endura Expert", who was an employee of Lowrance and a certified expert,....
I *knew* there was a "real" Lowrance employee around here somewhere, but your name came to mind first :)

Is there a Lowrance hosted forum somewhere, akin to what Garmin and DeLorme have?

Is Lowrance ever going to make Canadian topo maps for the Endura Series

Sorry for the delay, my bad. Sometimes life gets in the way of important stuff.

Here is what I found out. The explanation I got is somewhat vague, but the Canadian map project was delayed, then cancelled due to a situation beyond Lowrance's control. But an independent company has Lowrance compatible Topo Maps available for purchase. As far as I can tell, they only have Ontario and Quebec maps currently available. (They do not have street or turn-by-turn.)

TrakMaps

I realize that this is just a little help, but if I get more info I will post it to this topic.

Lowrance Pro Staffer, just trying to keep the facts on Endura correct.