Download an entire state?

vawjr's voyagers

We're planning a trip from Tucson to Oklahoma City and back. We've got some time to dawdle. So, we'd like to find some caches along the way (we haven't picked the route yet). But downloading caches 25 at at time then copying them into ExpertGPS is somewhat tedious. No, not somewhat.... VERY tedious. Isn't there some way we can get them all, then look at ones that are close to whatever route we pick (that would be a handy addition to Expert GPS... distance from route, not just distance from point.

At any rate, any help or suggestions would be welcome.

What you need are pocket queries - the charter member feature that will send an EasyGPS loc file to your e-mail box with all of the caches that fit a certain criteria. With only 280 caches in Oklahoma, this would work out pretty well.

Remember, don't need a palm to utilize pocket queries. If you DO have a palm, you can also get a copy of all of the cache pages for Oklahoma to take with you.

Unforutnately, there's no method for "distance from route", but you can look at the map of Oklahoma and zoom in to your route. Eventually you can even pan your route to watch for caches along the map. Then you have the links for the caches and can print off the cache pages.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Since you are visiting the OKC area, here are a few caches I’ve located in the area, that I would recommend. Sugar Creek Vista, Red Rock Novelty, The View From Above, and Three Springs. These are caches that involve a little more than the 1/1 difficulty ratings, and you are rewarded with unique searches. I don’t mean to downgrade others in the area, but these are my top choices.

Madog "Discover of America"