Norfolk and Edinburgh

firestars

Im off up to Norfolk v soon for a weekend away and wanted to know if there were some 'must do caches' up there (rather like the amazing Bassett series in Suffolk)? Also, off to Edinburgh for a weekend in a fortnight (you gotta love Groupon) and again, is there anything there I should hunt out?

Will be staying in Cromer and the Grassmarket area of Edinburgh.

TIA !

We went to Edinburgh for a day last year and did the excellent Edinburgh's Royal Mile (be sure to take a print out if you normally go paperless as there is sooo much to read) and Wolfing it in the West End webcam

Mark

I have done both of those, "Edinburgh's Royal Mile" I enjoyed very much, it took me off the main tourist trail a little and showed me some interesting history.

.............Smurf

Im off up to Norfolk v soon for a weekend away and wanted to know if there were some 'must do caches' up there (rather like the amazing Bassett series in Suffolk)? Also, off to Edinburgh for a weekend in a fortnight (you gotta love Groupon) and again, is there anything there I should hunt out?

TIA !

A few people have mentioned 'The Royal Mile' multi which we enjoyed very much. For us though the first prize goes to GC6AA9 'Up the Close and Down the Stairs' - a lovely multi following in the footsteps of Burke and Hare. We started this 'after dark' which certainly added to the atmosphere. Please note that the final stage can only be attempted during certain hours (please refer to cache page) but it is certainly worth your while. I hope you will enjoy these as much as we did!

The_Botherers

I've done it for you, hopefully the link works?

Edinburgh Favourites

Just to add my thanks for this. Whilst I do pocket queries fairly regularly, I didn't realise that you could sort them according to number of favourite points awarded. I'm not going to Edinburgh but as a general tip, that's helpful to know.

You're welcome. Once you have done any type of search (the example above was done by location) just click on the blue ribbon and it then sorts them out by favourite points.

Also, off to Edinburgh for a weekend in a fortnight (you gotta love Groupon) and again, is there anything there I should hunt out?

TIA !

Edinburgh is a great place for caching. I often get a cheap "day return" from Newcastle for a few caches and frequent some of the great pubs! :o

If you are into a bit of excercise there are some great caches in Holyrood Park, including the earthcache on the top of Arthur's Seat. If you are more into the "tourist bits" there are three multis down the Royal Mile: GCKTYK Edinburgh's Royal Mile, GC196YK Father to Jekyll & Hyde and GCKTYP Not Edinburgh's Royal Mile. They tend to overlap but with a bit of complicated pre-planning it is possible to do all three while walking down the Royal Mile without having to back-track - or at least so I believe!! :unsure: