Geocachers on The Amazing Race

TheGrey

I wonder if they have the option of arranging their own flight home rather than have the show fly them home. I'd be thinking, "no thanks, we're going to stay here a few days...and, I wonder how much a flight will cost to Sao Paulo".
Normally, eliminated teams spend the rest of the race at the "elimination station" with the other eliminated teams. This prevents friends and family from figuring out when you were eliminated based on when you returned home. All the teams return home at the same time.

Although there have been teams that arranged for some other alternative. Apparently, they were able to assure the producers that they wouldn't disclose anything.

Lesson learned: Geocaching does not adequately prepare you for counting cows and/or long division.

Obviously they're not the type of geocachers that like to do puzzle caches.

My 7.5 year old son said exactly the same thing!

That is a very unfair statement.

Solving a "puzzle" in the comfort of your living room is hardly the same as solving a puzzle in a foreign country under the scrutiny of camera, other competitors etc. Add in the "race" component and it becomes even more difficult. Furthermore, not each person is adept in all of the challenges. Chose the wrong team member and you could have a problem.

To be clear, contestants know what they are signing up for.

However, to berate them because they were unsuccessful, is unfair and even more important, unnecessary.

These guys were fellow geocachers and we should show them a little more respect.

I wonder if they have the option of arranging their own flight home rather than have the show fly them home. I'd be thinking, "no thanks, we're going to stay here a few days...and, I wonder how much a flight will cost to Sao Paulo".
Normally, eliminated teams spend the rest of the race at the "elimination station" with the other eliminated teams. This prevents friends and family from figuring out when you were eliminated based on when you returned home. All the teams return home at the same time.

Although there have been teams that arranged for some other alternative. Apparently, they were able to assure the producers that they wouldn't disclose anything.

I assume that the "elimination station" is located close to the final check in point since they bring all of the participants together to cheer on the arrival of the teams. I believe that in every race the finish mat is in the U.S.

If the NDA I mentioned earlier applies the $10 lawsuit for violating the NDA ought to provide adequate assurance.

Anyone still watching the Amazing race? After arriving in Paraguay they had to find a clue hidden in a place called "Metalúrgica Punta de Rieles". It appeared to be a public art display that consisted of dozens of brightly painted metal slides, bbq grills, and a variety of other metal sculptures. When I saw I was thinking, "that would be a really evil spot to hide a nano".

Anyone still watching the Amazing race? After arriving in Paraguay they had to find a clue hidden in a place called "Metalúrgica Punta de Rieles". It appeared to be a public art display that consisted of dozens of brightly painted metal slides, bbq grills, and a variety of other metal sculptures. When I saw I was thinking, "that would be a really evil spot to hide a nano".

Yeah, put the nano in a piece charcoal. Call it "Rachels' Diamond". Man I can't stand that crying, whiney chick. I have to mute the T.V. when she talks. Can't wait til they're gone. :laughing:

Yeah, put the nano in a piece charcoal. Call it "Rachels' Diamond". Man I can't stand that crying, whiney chick. I have to mute the T.V. when she talks. Can't wait til they're gone. :laughing:

If the preview for next weeks episode are any indication it looks like you're going to see a lot more crying before they're gone. Putting nano in a piece of charcoal is one option. Consider all the metal in the display, placing a nano or small hide-a-key and encrypting a hint that just includes "magnetic" would get the tears aflowin'. In any case, there have already been some pretty nice looking places where the race has taken them so far that would provide some good cache locations and there's certainly plenty of room. Paraguay only has 12 caches in the entire country. South America is still on my bucket list for places to visit where I have not yet found a cache. I've been to Costa Rica (and found caches there) but that's as close as I've come.