Wrong default date for logs?

cezanne

I am not sure whether someone else has already reported this bug. The forum search did not return me anything useful. In case I overlooked something, feel free to close this thread immediately.

On Sunday I noticed for the first time that one my found it logs did not appear at the top of my finds. I then realized that this happened because the log date was not Sunday, but another day. Today I logged a cache I found today and the same happened again. I then realized that when I open a log window today the default date is January 23, 2012 and not as expected January 25. In my profile I entered the time zone W. Europe : Amsterdam, Berlin and I have not changed anything in my settings at all. I am using Firefox 9.0.1 under Linux and never experienced this strange behaviour before.

Cezanne

We also experience it and its not a bug- it will update with the american time no matter what

Yes, I know but January 23 has been on Monday. After having logged out and logged in again, the date was set to January 25, however. Still pretty strange, in particular as I have never had this effect before.

We also experience it and its not a bug- it will update with the american time no matter what

Yes, I know but January 23 has been on Monday. After having logged out and logged in again, the date was set to January 25, however. Still pretty strange, in particular as I have never had this effect before.

+1

Earlier it was lagging (in Europe) because the date followed Seattle time, but the difference was max 1 day.

Now it seems to default to the date of the previous log.

+1

Earlier it was lagging (in Europe) because the date followed Seattle time, but the difference was max 1 day.

Now it seems to default to the date of the previous log.

I logged a cache on 1/26 and two on 1/29, and all three posted as having been found on 1/15/2012. A Needs Maintenance note on one of them posted with the correct date, however. :huh:

I am not sure whether someone else has already reported this bug. The forum search did not return me anything useful. In case I overlooked something, feel free to close this thread immediately.

On Sunday I noticed for the first time that one my found it logs did not appear at the top of my finds. I then realized that this happened because the log date was not Sunday, but another day. Today I logged a cache I found today and the same happened again. I then realized that when I open a log window today the default date is January 23, 2012 and not as expected January 25. In my profile I entered the time zone W. Europe : Amsterdam, Berlin and I have not changed anything in my settings at all. I am using Firefox 9.0.1 under Linux and never experienced this strange behaviour before.

Cezanne

I have only found 6 caches this year (you know, it's winter), most on Sundays. And twice this has happened to me. Is this a Sunday thing? In both cases, it logged them 3 or 4 days early.

In the last week or so, whenever I've created a new log the DATE has remained the same as the last time I'd written a log. In other words, today's the 30th but when I just wrote a log the date on it came out as the 28th, which was the last time I'd written a log. I'm so used to not having to change the date each time that I forget to look at it, making it necessary to go back and edit all of the logs with the erroneous date. Any way to fix this? Thanks. Camnpete

I think most of us find that having the log date carry from one log to the next is helpful. This has long worked at least as long as the browser isn't closed. I haven't logged any finds in a couple of weeks; perhaps the mechanism has been expanded, perhaps by making the cookie more persistent? Just guessing. I certainly would be unhappy if every time I opened the log post page, it reverted to the current date.

NM logs are always forced to the current date.

Edward

This is happening to me as well.

I've had to edit some of my logs because I didn't catch the wrong date when I submitted my log.

In fact, it happened to me today also. It's 2/3/12 today and my default date was 1/31/12. I had to manually change it when I submitted my log.

I've had the same problem. For me, the date stays at the last logged date which would be fine if I remembered to check before posting 20 or so founds, visits, etc. the next week then having to edit them all.

Highly frustrating but I'm sure I'll get used to it over time...