Need Help : Maze container

bluesky61

Not depoloyed yet, but I am preparing maze related cache. Some part of idea came from martinbryn (#5111). Thanks him for great idea.

At first visitors solve following maze, and calculate final coordinate.

ee6a10fd-383a-40e6-a278-7bb10e726a85.png?rnd=0.495077

At the final coordinate, they can see following container.

fbadd31b-daec-4f3c-9ade-59d2d005143e.jpg

Seems like normal lock&lock box, but open it then :

d5e3a72e-f4e0-4a3c-b453-d9a836608458.jpg

The logsheet is in nano capsule, which is put into the maze upper right. It can be out at lower left hall, upper right hall is so tight that it can't go out.

However, as you can see, the maze is too simple, so anybody can get it within 1 minute.

So I think another option like following. The visitors can hardly see through it, so it can be difficult to take out.

1aa6a088-bdd0-46e5-a896-993d64513f54.jpg

======

So what do you think the best out of following 3 options?

1. transparent

2. white

3. white with hint (layout)

I am soory that my English is not good, but your help will be highly appreciated.

Min

I would like to post this one into "Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (CCC's)".

This is my mistake. Someone help me to delete this topic?

Min

Click the little yellow Report icon on the lower left of the screen to ask to have the topic closed. Great maze container. I say white cover.

Why not start with a transparent cover material, mask off a few areas, and then use an abrasive to make the rest of the cover opaque. This would leave a few small clear windows giving a tantalising glimpse of the nano as it makes its way through the maze without you having to provide the whole solution.

An approach that I've seen used, and that seems effective is (1) to use a yellow (or other non-white log), (2) to put a prominent note on the cache page stating that you must find and sign the yellow log to log a Find online, and (3) to put a prominent note in/on the cache itself stating the same thing. You've made it clear that the log is somehow special and part of the challenge, and the non-white color makes it less likely that "replacement" logs will appear.