More than 25 at at time

Nowhere Man

I download the EasyGPS .loc files in order to keep my personal map of Michigan caches up to date. However, there are now over 1100 caches in MI, and downloading the whole list 25 entries at a time has become tedious.

Is there any way to download a .loc of all caches found in a search?

Fred Robinson

Nowhere Man

1. Take bets on how long it will take before Mrs. Nazz posts a reply here, saying "pocket queries solve everything."

2. Become a premium member.

3. Order pocket queries to get 500 caches at a time in a single .loc, .gpx or mobipocket file.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

1. Take bets on how long it will take before Mrs. Nazz posts a reply here, saying "pocket queries solve everything."

2. Become a premium member.

3. Order pocket queries to get 500 caches at a time in a single .loc, .gpx or mobipocket file.

I knew that was going to happen icon_biggrin.gif . It seems like this would be a simple thing to do for none members - sorta like the show all logs feature on the cache pages.

PDOP's GPS Pages

Premium membership & pocket queries... I kind of figured that'd be the answer icon_rolleyes.gif. It seemd to be the answer to a lot of questions I found while searching for this answer.

Hmm. Three chunks would be faster to download than 44+...

Thanks, gang.

Fred Robinson

Nowhere Man

My summer vacation includes a road trip to da U.P., and I try to visit as many caches on the way as possible. If I have all the caches in the state listed, then it's easy to pick ones to stop for.

Also, I use a homegrown program to compare the new list with the previous list and generate a lists of what's changed (adds, delete, moves). The adds are imported into the map software, the drops are done manually, the moves are added or ignored.

I know I'll never get to every cache in the state. Looking at a map for a cluster of caches is an easy way to decide which direction to go on Saturday (especially if the map includes roads). Keeping the map up-to-date is the tedious part.