Where to buy magnets

Woodduckdawg

Most any arts and craft store. Neodymium (and some other metal, I forget) make up rare earth magnets. Also order online any volume.

In-store, be advised that some clerks have no idea as to what a rare earth magnet is and they may very well say that they don't have any (even though they do) -- happens a lot.

You can also cannibalize some (dead) computer parts for them.

I might be a monkey, but I grew up around cattle.

If you are looking for a LARGE (finger-length), VERY STRONG (base magnets, ceramic-coated), INEXPENSIVE (for their size) magnet option, look for a "feed store" in your area-- a place that sells large animal (horses, cattle) health supplies.

Once you locate that (if you're not too Urban Jungle-bound), call and ask if they carry "cattle (or "cow") magnets."

They come in different shapes, many of them being tapered, but they also come in long, flat rectangles. What you'll need is one (or more) like this:

http://hambydairysupply.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2484&cat=334&page=1

Feed stores usually sell them individually or by the box (six-count, ten-count, etc.).

--AM

If you are looking for a LARGE (finger-length), VERY STRONG (base magnets, ceramic-coated), INEXPENSIVE (for their size) magnet option, look for a "feed store" in your area-- a place that sells large animal (horses, cattle) health supplies.

Once you locate that (if you're not too Urban Jungle-bound), call and ask if they carry "cattle (or "cow") magnets."

They come in different shapes, many of them being tapered, but they also come in long, flat rectangles. What you'll need is one (or more) like this:

Feed stores usually sell them individually or by the box (six-count, ten-count, etc.).

--AM

I wanna ask, but something tells me I don't wanna know.

Signed....an urban guy.

--AM

Signed....an urban guy.

Even though you almost asked, the magnets (just 1 per cow) are fed to cows to prevent hardware disease. The magnet will attract various sharp, metallic objects that the cow ingests. The sharp objects will stay on the magnet instead of passing through, and causing tears in, the cow's digestive system.

--AM

Signed....an urban guy.

Even though you almost asked, the magnets (just 1 per cow) are fed to cows to prevent hardware disease. The magnet will attract various sharp, metallic objects that the cow ingests. The sharp objects will stay on the magnet instead of passing through, and causing tears in, the cow's digestive system.

Thanks - So they just stay in there forever, collecting this and that? Really??

See, I was right.

--AM

Signed....an urban guy.

Thanks - So they just stay in there forever, collecting this and that? Really??

See, I was right.

Yep, the cow will have the same magnet for its entire life.

This might be a silly question, but I really don't know where to look to buy stronger magnets. I know a magnetic key holder can get the job done, but where can I go to buy magnets strong enough to support a small locking container.

Any help is appreciated.

They have some very strong magnets at Home Depot but just about any hardware/crafts store will have them.

Sometimes you can get a bunch 30+ for a few dollars.