FTF Recognition

ScoutDadNC

I have seen on several cache pages where the CO has placed recognition for the FTF. They are banners and/or marquee banners.

WHere can I find these. I think it is a nice addition.

I'd say people with some skillz are making thier own. Or there are plenty of "free banners" you can make on the interwebs if you google it as I have it in quotes.

Oh, and this will go downhill. :lol:

I have seen on several cache pages where the CO has placed recognition for the FTF. They are banners and/or marquee banners.

I'd say people with some skillz are making thier own. Or there are plenty of "free banners" you can make on the interwebs if you google it as I have it in quotes.

Oh, and this will go downhill. :lol:

yep

and quick....

Actually, the cache owner is supposed to go wash the FTF's car/truck/van/JEEP.

A banner is a nice touch, but I want my car washed. (and hand waxed, thank-you very much)

Actually, the cache owner is supposed to go wash the FTF's car/truck/van/JEEP.

A banner is a nice touch, but I want my car washed. (and hand waxed, thank-you very much)

It's a deal. I've got one unfound cache. If you come get the FTF, I will wash your car/truck/van/JEEP. ....and throw in a free steak and a beer too.

I've seen it and I think it's a terrible idea that only encourages an outside game that I think is an overall detriment to the spirit of geocaching. If someone ever recognized me as a FTF on his cache page I would kindly ask him to remove it.

Edited by briansnat

I had some custom images made, much to my dismay others have stolen them and used them on their pages. in fact LOTS of owners have stolen them.

I haven't used a scrolling Marquee on a web page since the 1990's and think is is very annoying

I may have an opportunity to meet Tim Berners-Lee in April (I'm going to be submitting a paper to present at a conference he will be attending at speaking at). I want to ask him if he regrets including the marquee tag in the original HTML specification. I also started working with HTML just after the first web browser was created and the marquee tag was almost universally despised from the git-go. The only other HTML coding practice that generated as much criticism as the use of the marquee tag was using lots of different font colors, especially when one of them was magenta. :laughing:

I haven't used a scrolling Marquee on a web page since the 1990's and think is is very annoying

I may have an opportunity to meet Tim Berners-Lee in April (I'm going to be submitting a paper to present at a conference he will be attending at speaking at). I want to ask him if he regrets including the marquee tag in the original HTML specification. I also started working with HTML just after the first web browser was created and the marquee tag was almost universally despised from the git-go. The only other HTML coding practice that generated as much criticism as the use of the marquee tag was using lots of different font colors, especially when one of them was magenta. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Except that TBL didn't introduce the marquee tag. Microsoft introduced it with MSIE2.

But maybe you can ask Bill Gates about it at next month's gallery opening... ;)