DSWorld Webinar

DaveD

NGS has scheduled a 1-hour webinar on using DSWorld for Thursday, February 16.

DSWorld

This is a very powerful tool that allows your to display control in the NGS database against a Google Earth background, upload digital images, make corrections to scaled bench mark positions with hand-held GPS values, submit updated recovery information and much more.

I was ready to click the 'register' button when I realized this was going to be at a time when I likely won't be available. :(

Hopefully there will be an archived version I can watch.

After using it for a few recoveries, I think I have a fair grasp of the functionalities. But, I'm certain there are a few finer points I could still learn.

It must be that good Tiger upbringing. BTW my Dad was a Tiger - he was very disappointed when I chose not to go "home" to go to school.

I can certainly empathize with your dad. A few years back, while we were watching a LSU football game, my young son announced that he was going to play football at LSU when he grew up.

While I am just beaming with fatherly pride and all smiles, he then turns to his mother and says that she can come with him to keep all the big kids from knocking him down. :o

That bubble bursting, was quite loud in my ears. LOL

Edited by LSUFan

For those that were unable to attend, ArtMan is our new celebrity.

The single geocaching recovery that was shown in the Webinar was his.

I claim first place in line to request his autograph.

Thanks for making us aware of this presentation Mr. Doyle.

I saw that. I was wondering if he paid to have his geocaching recovery shown. :lol:

For those that were unable to attend, ArtMan is our new celebrity.

The single geocaching recovery that was shown in the Webinar was his.

I claim first place in line to request his autograph.

Actually, I considered it an unexpected anniversary gift — my first benchmark recoveries were logged 10 years ago this summer.

Seriously, no one was more surprised than ArtMan.

(And speaking of which, I want to go on the record as saying that I am no relation whatsoever to Kansas City pediatrician Dr. Michael Artman, who commented in an AP story on some amazing work at Stanford, where surgeons gave a pacemaker to a premature, 3.5-pound baby, possibly saving her life. Since I am not an MD, perhaps I should modify my handle to differentiate myself.)

I think it would be unseemly to have people lining up for autographs, but perhaps Malcolm, in exchange for using my recovery log in his Webinar, will provide copies of the excellent DSWorld software to members of the Benchmarking community absolutely free. Be sure to mention how much you appreciate his work on the software and in providing support to the community of users.

Mr. ArtMan