Headed back to Australia (Canberra, Sydney, Darwin and Cairns)

Team PEZ

Hi everyone!

I am headed back to Australia from June 20th - July 6th. I will be touring Sydney, Canberra, Darwin & Cairns for three weeks with students. The last time I was there, I brought about 50 TBs with me to leave as well as met up with some wonderful geocachers, grabbed some caches and exchanged travel bugs.

If you're interested in meeting and have some travel bugs to swap (or not), please email me through GC.com Also, if you can recommend some must-do caches in those areas, I would appreciate it. As the time gets closer, I will let you know when where we will be staying.

Thanks!

-TP/corey

Hi Corey,

Jon from the JABs, sorry but I have just moved to Hobart in Tasmania. I will see if Code1 is interested in catching up.

Can I surgest you also post on the GCA forums as this is where most Ozzies hang out.

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/index.php

You will find both a section for international visitors or each state. You do need to open an account.

Anyway good luck and hope to catch up with you again some day.

Jon aka JABs.

There are a number of caches out at East Point in Darwin. Historic WW2 gun emplacemnts abound. There is also a Stargate cache just off the road in to East Point.

Wheres Peary, would also be a fitting cache for an american to grab whilst up there. Its a memorial to a US warship, the USS Peary, lost in Darwin harbour during the bombing of Darwin by the japanese in WW2. Barack Obama laid a wreath there during his recent visit to Oz. It would be within very easy walking distance of the town centre, in the parkland overlooking the harbour.