Why would you do that?

So I have a series of caches along a trail and one may (I haven't confirmed it yet) have gone missing. I saw several DNFs and thought that there is probably something wrong. Then a cacher comes along and posts a NA log on my cache. I post my "disable cache listing" and make it clear that I will get over to it. It is a tricky little hide and can be tougher at times which is why I allowed the DNFs, but this guy jumps right to the NA log. Fine. It has been a challenge for me to get over to the cache in a prompt manner and now have to make some decisions. The NA log isn't what bothered me per se.

So I take a look at this cacher's hides and they have had a cache disabled since October that is confirmed as missing and hasn't held himself to the same standard. I know that everyone plays by their own little rules, but be consistent. Just feeling a little peeved. :angry:

So, post a NA on that one! Just kidding, just kidding. Email your reviewer and say that you will be going to check on your cache in the next "x" number of days.

Hopefully being able to vent here eases things a bit for you. Just concentrate on your cache...

You know I came that (puts index finger within a 1/4" of thumb) close to doing it and then decided that it wouldn't be worth the effort.

So I take a look at this cacher's hides and they have had a cache disabled since October that is confirmed as missing and hasn't held himself to the same standard. I know that everyone plays by their own little rules, but be consistent. Just feeling a little peeved. :angry:

At what point would you not maintain your cache listing within a reasonable time period? That's the only thing to consider, or have no excuse.

maybe because he/she lives in Ontario and their own disabled cache is in Newfoundland? :anibad:

couldn't help noticing the friendly tone of the reviewer over there, nice touch addressing the cacher by their name :)

Edited by t4e

maybe because he/she lives in Ontario and their own disabled cache is in Newfoundland? :anibad:

At first I was livid, but then I thought at least he has a better excuse for taking his time. I have just been 'busy'. :blink:

What did you mean by saying you "allowed" the DNFs? I've never heard that before.

i read that as meaning "let them accumulate before checking on it"

if its an easy hide i usually check on mine after a couple of DNF's, otherwise i let go more before i do

What did you mean by saying you "allowed" the DNFs? I've never heard that before.

i read that as meaning "let them accumulate before checking on it"

if its an easy hide i usually check on mine after a couple of DNF's, otherwise i let go more before i do

That is precisely what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.

So, post a NA on that one! Just kidding, just kidding. Email your reviewer and say that you will be going to check on your cache in the next "x" number of days.

Hopefully being able to vent here eases things a bit for you. Just concentrate on your cache...

It might be best to post a note on the cache page itself. Some areas have more than one reviewer, and besides, having it on the cache page is less confusing.