COINTEST: COT "Fuel Injected' 2012 NASCAR Fantasy

rickctroop13

NASCAR Fantasy Cointest!

League is registered for those who want to re-up, and anyone who wants to play.

Registration for 2012 edition has begun. As NASCAR is going to fuel injection this season, I was considering a few changes to 'inject' a bit more excitement into league for this year. All players will still be'on hook' for 1 coin...

Opinions sought on following

A) League open to anyone, but password sent via email upon request- email to include team name and GC name.I won't 'share' your info and you can remain hidden on group roster... but as Commissioner it's a lot easier than guessing 'who's who?' if needed.

B) BIG CHANGE:

Prize coins sent to me by 3rd race, I'll distribute at end of season. This would facilitate doing following to keep a bit more interest/incentive through season:

C) Prizes to top finishers depending on number of players,first 5 go to winner then add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Winner always gets at least 2X 2nd place; 2nd at least 2X 3rd. Keep the game interesting for those who stumble. Also, I'll add a trackable prize for segment winners.

D) Yahoo offered a 'Lucky Dog' option in 2011 where lowest scoring week not counted, should it be used?

E) I Will set up a different tiebreak system, as yahoo's was pretty much undecypherable unless you have a NASA supercomputer. Was thinking of using weekly wins in Chase/Playoff segment, then overall wins, then segments won, then average segment finish.

Will wait 'til after Giants take the Bowl for feedback before committing to changes...

Edited by rickctroop13

Interesting, more details for a newbie but a big fan?

The Yahoo rule say it better than I can, but basically you set up a team, each week pick drivers from 3 classes, and earn points based on how they do. Not a league like Fantasy Football or Baseball where only one team can pick a driver- all drivers are open to be picked by all, caveat that you can only use a driver so many times during season.:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/racing/rules/?pir=Zup_EWFibUngcNpcMrFQ29mxlSSZRUQadNRN.wgp5d5gHI2uYaO9L73tBhHDW0U-

It's fun and exciting (especially if you're in contention, which is why I'm trying to change from winner take all to multiple winners). last year we counted every week, this year will be dropping worst week each part of season (3 parts) so if you blow a week or forget to change used up driver you won't be dead.Link to last season's thread...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=267837&st=0&p=4929514&hl=cot&fromsearch=1entry4929514

C'mon in! The oil's fine!

I agree that it's great fun! Before I played last year, I didn't watch NASCAR at all. Now I'm watching every week. Not necessarily the entire race (especially if there's caching to do!) but at least the start and finish.

We need more players!

I agree that we need more players. I also agree with changing the tie breaker. Mauison should have won the tie breaker last year instead of me. :unsure: But I will be in again this year.

I agree that it's great fun! Before I played last year, I didn't watch NASCAR at all. Now I'm watching every week. Not necessarily the entire race (especially if there's caching to do!) but at least the start and finish.

We need more players!

We need more players!

I agree that we need more players. I also agree with changing the tie breaker. Mauison should have won the tie breaker last year instead of me. :unsure: But I will be in again this year.

Count me in :)

Hey guys, drop me an email & I'll send group ID & code.

I'm a huge NASCAR fan; I would love to play. I don't fully understand the rules yet but hope to. What do I do to sign up?

To join, send me an email via profile with your team name and I'll send you group ID & password. 'Understanding' isn't required to do well, right Mauison? :rolleyes:

Check out this link for rules & hints:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports/fantasysports/racing/basics/;_ylt=ApVjSs7H1TYGTu4aVprI7Zbc93hG

Basically, all the drivers are split into 3 classes by some magical YAHOO formula , A (Elite- Gordon,Johnson,Stewart etc), B (Good- a shot at winning every week-Burton, Jr, Kayne etc), and C ('start and park' will either drop out at first pit stop or wreck causing first stop- Nemecheck, rookies, Nationwide drivers up for a few races seasoning, and road course ringers).

You pick a team (roster) of 2 from 'A', 4 from 'B', and 2 from 'C'. You get bonus points for any of these drivers qualifying 1st-4th.

Before race, you pick 'Starters' 1- A, 2-Bs, and 1-C who will earn points for you in the race based on finish, with bonus for laps led. Your bench does not earn race points.

You can make changes to your roster before qualifying, and adjust your starters up until just before green flag.

You can only start a driver 9 times, races on bench don't count toward this (so if you have a good qualifier but have used him 7 or 8 races you can park him on your bench for bonus points if he qualifies well.

NASCAR Fantasy Cointest!......

B) BIG CHANGE:

Prize coins sent to me by 3rd race, I'll distribute at end of season. This would facilitate doing following to keep a bit more interest/incentive through season:

Will wait 'til after Giants take the Bowl for feedback before committing to changes...

VG- You're safe B) NASCAR gives five laps to acknowledge a Black Flag, I'm only giving 2 laps (races) to send... if not received by 3rd lap/race I stop counting laps

'Lucky Dog' definitely will keep this one interesting (as well as make my update commentaries pretty much useless. Team with the 'worst worst week' at end might wind up benefiting from drop in a close battle. Curious to see how this one works out! For example I'm (Skidmarks) in lead by 9 points despite having 29 fewer total points(my 'Lucky Dog' drop is 226 vs Kensay's 264). And Crazy Canuck is ahead of 3 teams with more total points! Gonna be a fun ride!

Edited by rickctroop13